Focused on electronics science and technology, quantum information,biomedical engineering, materials science and engineering, physics, mathematics, chemistry and other fields,Insitute of Fundamental and Frontier Sciences(here in after to be referred as IFFS) is now providing openings for global postdoctors with competitive salaries and benifits.
•Quantum communication •Quantum devices •Light-Matter interface
• A PhD in quantum physics, electrinic engineering or a related discipline is required, along with some research experience in quantum communcation or quantum devices. • Good communication skills are essential.
Account in need :3
Supervisor:Zhiming Wang,Hai-Zhi Song, You Wang, Chennupati Jagdish, Alexander Lvovsky, HaoZhong Guo, Federico Rosei, Alexander Govorov
•Material Science and Engineering •Condensed Matter Physics •Quantum Optics
Candidates with one of the following research expertises are welcome to apply: • Molecular Beam Epitaxy • Quantum light source and detection • Renewable energy conversion and storage • Nanomaterials and optoelectronics • Quantum information and integrated photonics
Account in need: 8
•Quantum information •Condensed matter physics
The focus of research is to explore different aspects of many-body systems using quantum information tools. The projects will focus on: •Quantum sensing •Non-equilibrium dynamics of many-body systems. •Many-body localization •Quantum simulators The projects are mainly based on numerical simulations using Density Matrix Renormalization Group (DMRG) and novel machine learning techniques such as neural networks and Bayesian estimators.
• Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, physics or related disciplines. • Special consideration will be given to candidates who have expertise in microfluidics or nanofluidics. • Experience with AFM, PIV, TIRF measurements or MD simulation is preferable.
Job Description Four openings for postdoc in one of the following areas: • Development of molecular electrocatalysts targeting the photoelectrocatalysis • Development of photoelectrodes via bottom-up methods • Spectroscopic characterizations of electrode interfaces • Electrochemical micro-reactions
Requirements • Applicants must hold a PhD or equivalent degree in Chemistry, Materials science or a related field. • Research experience in related fields is desirable. Applicants must be able to work independently and to demonstrate good collaboration skills. • Highly motivated, talented and ambitions candidates are encouraged to apply.
Offers • Working conditions include many ambitious research topics and related advanced instruments. • The initial appointment will be two years with annual salary 200,000-250,000 RMB and could be extendable.
• Epitaxial growth of complex oxide heterostructures toward spintronics and energy harvesting & conversion. • Interface, orbital and symmetry engineering of electronic structure and emergent electrical/magnetic functionalities of correlated materials. • In-Situ Van der Waals epitaxy of atomically-thin and 2D materials for transistor and optoelectronics. • Low-dimensional functional materials for transparent conducting, light harvesting, resistive switching, thermochromics and thermoelectrics. • Chemical synthesis of low-dimensional semiconductors nanostructures for energy applications on photovoltaics, water splitting, fuel cell and supercapacitors. • Theoretical modeling of electronic structure and functional/transport properties based on DFT, MD and NEGF framework.
• A PhD degree in Physics, Materials Science, or Electrical Engineering • Interested in working with nontraditional oxide and 2D semiconductors and interested in the inherent intriguing physical and chemical properties of these materials. • A track record in materials system or characterization facilities of related research topics. • A self-starter and a hands-on person. • Excellent communication and reporting skills. • Easily integrate in a multidisciplinary team within global context. • Fluent English communication skills are required.
We provide • Access to state-of-art PVD and CVD based epitaxy facilities, including laser-MBE, oxide MBE etc. • Access to cutting-edge facilities for the analysis of structure (4-circle XRD, XPS/UPS, AFM, FESEM/FETEM etc.) and variety of functional properties (PPMS, SQUID, 4200, Autolab etc.) • Access to supercomputers and worldwide synchrotron facilities. • Close collaboration with top research groups in USA/UK/AU
Account in need: 2-4
•Complex networks (in particular information networks and brain neural networks) •Statistical physics models (random walks, percolation,…) •New information economy (recommendation and information filtering in general)
Requirements • PhD degree (already obtained or in the near future) • Good communication skills, self-motivation and exploration spirit • Relevant research experience (priorities: statistical physics, computer science, neuroscience, applied mathematics), good programming skills are necessary • Published good papers in peer-reviewed journals in the respective field
We offer • Competitive salary • Possibility to apply for generous scientific research funds and awards (both local and country level) • Full support for participation in academic conferences and exchanges at home and abroad • Harmonious, free and international working atmosphere
To apply • Send the application information and documents firstname.lastname@example.org (e-mail title “application for ***POST NAME***”) • In your application, please include the following information:
(1) CV (2) Description of your past research results and current research directions (3) A statement of your future research plans as well as the life goals that you hope to achieve
About Institute of Fundamental and Frontier Sciences,UESTC,China
University of Electronic Science and Technology of China (UESTC), located in Chengdu, is one of the national key universities sponsored by the national 'Project 211' and 'Project 985' directly under the Ministry of Education. Chengdu, known as 'the Land of Abundance' and 'the Hometown of Panda', is the center of economics, culture and transportation in Western China. The Institute of Fundamental a...nd Frontier Sciences (IFFS) was established in June, 2014 in order to attract experts in the areas of fundamental and frontier research, implement its vision for a high-level research-focused university, strengthen its innovative capability and enhance its international academic impact.