Supervise, plan, design and coordinate the delivery of the transportation street design program. Managing the design of transportation related capital improvement projects from preliminary design through environmental documentation and right of way phase and final plans, specifications and estimates (PS&E). Deliver construction ready projects. Supervise in-house design staff for preparation of plan sets, specifications for construction and detailed cost estimates. Select and manage project consultant. Coordinate projects with city departments, outside organizations, and with funding and regulatory agencies.
• Equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree in civil engineering or a related field.
• Five years (5) of increasingly responsible professional civil engineering experience, including at least two years of lead supervisory and project management responsibility. Experience in civil, transportation, water and sewer, stormwater, signal and lighting, and/or pavement design preferred.
• Familiarity with GIS, AutoCAD with Civil 3D design software, and HydroCAD software.
• Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Project.
• Certificate of registration as a professional civil engineering in the state of Washington (or ability to obtain through reciprocity
The City of Vancouver looks for people who are passionate about serving and supporting a community for those who live, work and play in the City. We value diversity in every form - from race, to gender, to ethnicity and belief system. These collective contributions are what make us an exceptional place to work and grow. As public servants, we value employees who are adaptable, innovative, and col...laborative and hold themselves to the highest standard of excellence. In every way, our business is at the center of people’s lives. Here, more than 1,100 talented people from diverse backgrounds and subject matter expertise come together to create solutions and outcomes that exceed the expectations of the citizens we serve. From the roads people drive on, the buildings they live and work in, the parks they play in or the water they drink – no one in the City of Vancouver is untouched by our work. Vancouver, Washington sits on the north bank of the Columbia River directly across from Portland, Oregon. The Pacific Coast is less than 90 miles to the west. The Cascade Mountain Range rises on the east. Mount St. Helens National Volcanic Monument and Mt. Hood are less than two hours away. The spectacular Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area lies 30 minutes to the east. Vancouver combines the excitement of a major metropolitan area with small-town charm and abundant recreational opportunities.The City offers an excellent benefits and compensation package for its employees - including medical, dental, vision, prescription and life insurance coverage, generous paid leave, Washington Public Employees Retirement system enrollment, long-term disability insurance, short-term disability insurance and more. Unlike a private company, we’re not here for profit, we’re here for community. And, at the City of Vancouver, there’s a place for everyone! From engineers to police officers, urban planners to swim instructors – nearly every passion, background and skillset has a place here.