The Advertising Sales Specialist will contribute to corporate revenue goals by successfully managing existing clients and also prospecting and developing new clients for future revenue. The successful candidate is a top producer with strong consultative sales skill, with a proven track record of success in prospecting, business development and client service. The Advertising Sales Specialist excels in developing integrated marketing campaigns across multiple platforms, including digital, print and events. Qualified applicants must be comfortable working with business owners, managing partners and C-level executives. Flexibility is key; as this position will be responsible for multiple brand and product offerings.
Major Responsibilities and Related Duties Include:
• Prospecting is a key element of this position; it requires identifying and qualifying, as well as growing, clients for our digital, print, special publications and events.
• Building relationships with targeted companies/organizations through use of GotoMeeting, phone calls and e-mails.
• Working on multiple goals/priorities as well as multiple client deliverables effectively and efficiently.
• Developing and maintaining good working business relationships within a multi-client environment; Manage and grow a book of business.
• Remaining current with industry trends as they pertain to your clients and categories.
• Generate advertising revenue by consistently meeting and exceeding monthly, quarterly and annual revenue goals.
• Develop new business and manage the sales cycle from start to finish.
• Maintain an active schedule of prospecting calls.
• Develop and maintain strong C-level client relationships.
• Manage all deliverables.
• Contribute to a positive team environment.
Qualified candidates must possess the following Education, Experience, and Skills:
4+ years sales in media experience strongly preferred, association knowledge a plus
Hunter mentality, a quick learner, independent mindset, and a high energy/aggressive approach is a must, day in day out
Experience and desire to manage the entire sales process which includes prospecting, needs analysis, closing, and further maintaining relationships for renewal or upsell
Background in using a consultative sales approach
Goal-oriented sales approach; be able to provide a proven track record of meeting monthly and annual goals
Knowledge & Skills:
Strong phone skills a must.
A strong track record of consistent revenue growth.
Sales leadership and project management skills.
Effective time management skills.
The ability to exceed expectations in a results-oriented environment.
Professional written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
Be able to consult with and close business with multiple decision makers and roles
Strong presentation, closing, and prospecting skills
Proficiency using Microsoft office suite is required
Ability to collaborate with internal partners effectively
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Bachelor’s Degree required
Additional Salary Information: Please provide salary history and requirements with resume. Commission opportunity based on experience and sales goals met/exceeded.
About International Association of Venue Mgrs
The International Association of Venue Managers is the world's largest professional association dedicated to issues relevant to the management of public assembly venues. Members of the association manage public assembly venues such as amphitheaters, arenas, auditoriums, convention centers/exhibit halls, performing arts venues, stadiums and university complexes; or provide products, services or attractions to support the industry. IAVM has more than 5,500 members worldwide. More information is available at www.IAVM.org.