The Account Manager’s primary function is to strategically cultivate and expand relationships with established business customers in an assigned territory. This position is responsible for achieving sales quotas and strategic business objectives by representing, marketing, up-selling, and directly selling the entire range of company products and services available. The Account Manager will have a primary role in the customer account planning cycle and implementation process in order to ensure customers’ needs are identified and expectations are successfully obtained.
- Frequent travel is required, often up to several hours of driving per day.
- Ability to travel to, attend, and conduct after-hours networking functions and
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Occasional lifting of items up to 50 lbs.
- Exposure to variable weather conditions is likely.
- University or college degree or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- Three years of direct work experience in an external, business-to-business sales and customer relationship building role.
- Experienced in opportunity qualification, pre-visit planning, call control, market / customer penetration, and time and territory management.
- Demonstrated ability to enhance and grow customer relationships.
- Successful history in qualifying opportunities involving multiple key decision makers.
- Strong knowledge of sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques within diverse industries.
- Strong problem identification and objection resolution skills.
- Exceptional verbal, written, listening and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
- Able to perform basic calculations and mathematical figures.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team with high levels of integrity.
- Possess a professional demeanor, selling style, and appearance.
- Knowledge in computer software, especially Excel, Word, Powerpoint, CMR Systems and Social Media.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Successfully pass a series of background screenings, such as a national criminal, credit-check, and motor vehicle requirements.
Additional Salary Information: Base Salary + Commission