Chevron USA - Marine is accepting online applications for the position of Cook located on one of their US Flag fleet of vessels. The Sailors’ Union of the Pacific represents all unlicensed personnel employed on the Company’s US Flag seagoing vessels.
The general guideline for vessel assignment length is 90 days for unlicensed personnel. Vacation will accrue at 24 days for each 30 days of work.
Pre-employment screening consists of:
• Physical examination, including DOT drug testing
• Functional capacity evaluation
• Background check
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
• Assist in all aspects of meal and food preparations, maintenance of salad bars, caring for and stocking of the mess rooms, assisting with meal service, washing and stowing of dishes and helping preserve a high level of sanitation in all steward department areas.
• Must have knowledge in general culinary preparations such as: making composed salads, cooking vegetables and starches, basic baking skills, snack preparation and sandwich making. Must be able to accomplish these tasks with little supervision while upholding to high food sanitation and safety standards.
• Must be able to understand and follow a recipe and have some knowledge of basic nutrition, raw ingredients and preparation techniques.
• Assist and contribute in menu planning and recipe development
• Assists in receiving and organization of stores, cleaning and maintaining the galley and associated spaces.
• Must be able to prepare meals in the event the Steward is temporarily unable to attend to his/her duties.
• Participate in drills, emergency procedures and help guard the safe working practices of the vessel.
• Active and positive participant in monthly safety meeting.
• Points out unsafe acts or conditions to everyone on board.
• Stops work if unsafe conditions or practices are uncovered.
• Able to participate in an Emergency Response team.
• Teamwork/Working With Others:
• Effective in relating to others
• Willing to assist others.
• Works well under pressure.
• Maintains an appropriate demeanor and appearance.