Must be able to work out of any of our locations: Ambridge PA, Zelienople PA, Coraopolis PA, North Shore PA, East Liverpool OH
The Account Manager’s primary function is to strategically cultivate and expand relationships with established business customers in an assigned territory. This position is responsible for achieving sales quotas and strategic business objectives by representing, marketing, up-selling, and directly selling the entire range of company products and services available. The Account Manager will have a primary role in the customer account planning cycle and implementation process in order to ensure customers’ needs are identified and expectations are successfully obtained.
Meets or exceeds weekly, monthly, and quarterly business objectives, sales plans, and profitability levels.
Assists in the development and implementation of the company’s strategic plan including financial targets and critical milestones.
Cultivates and enhances productive, professional relationships with key personnel within assigned customer accounts.
Directly meets with the required amount of decision-makers (“connects”) per month through the use of communication methods, marketing strategies and sales techniques.
Proactively evaluates, clarifies, and validates customers’ existing and potential product / service needs and provides concentrated, solution-selling methods and makes recommendations.
Effectively emphasizes product / service features and benefits, quotes pricing, and negotiates contractual terms, while overcoming objections from customers and prospects.
- Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including support, service,
and management resources, in order to meet customers’ expectations.
- Periodically conducts informational presentations at various networking events,
business seminars, and trade shows.
- Maintains accurate records, including sales call reports, expense reimbursement forms, company database systems and other documentation as directed.
- Assists in the creation and implementation of requests-for-proposals (RFP) responses to business clients or prospects.
- Attain front-line assessments of market conditions and advises company Sales Representatives, Recruiters and Management of findings.
- Builds and maintains ongoing awareness of new products and services, competition activities, and other important market data.
- Utilizes marketing data, applicable sales management software, and other related
sales tools to maximize sales efficiency and productivity.
- Maintains a high level of professionalism, tact, diplomacy, and sensitivity to
portray the company in a positive manner.
- Collection and administrative assistance when needed.
- Assists any and all other departments within the company when needed.
- University or college degree or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- Three years of direct work experience in an external, business-to-business sales and customer relationship building role.
- Experienced in opportunity qualification, pre-visit planning, call control, market / customer penetration, and time and territory management.
- Demonstrated ability to enhance and grow customer relationships.
- Successful history in qualifying opportunities involving multiple key decision makers.
- Strong knowledge of sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques within diverse industries.
- Strong problem identification and objection resolution skills.
- Exceptional verbal, written, listening and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
- Able to perform basic calculations and mathematical figures.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team with high levels of integrity.
- Possess a professional demeanor, selling style, and appearance.
- Knowledge in computer software, especially Excel, Word, Powerpoint, CMR Systems and Social Media.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Successfully pass a series of background screenings, such as a national criminal,
credit-check, and motor vehicle requirements.
- Frequent travel is required, often up to several hours of driving per day.
- Ability to travel to, attend, and conduct after-hours networking functions and
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Occasional lifting of items up to 50 lbs.
- Exposure to variable weather conditions is likely.