To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Director of Patient Experience will define the visionary healthcare experience across the care continuum to ensure the delivery of exceptional health care experience to patients, caregivers and families. The director will set the vision and develop the roadmap that will allow Yale New Haven Health and Yale Medicine to remain a leader in the region and set the standard among its peers, for excellent consumer and patient experience. With system wide responsibility, this leader will serve as the executive leader for patient experience across the entire continuum of care, providing direction and counsel to YNHHS/YM leaders, caregivers and teams. The Director will provide the organization with a single point of leadership and will be accountable for implementation and driving tangible results in overall customer experience for YNHHS/YM.
1. Establish the patient experience vision and strategy aligned to patient populations; grounded in both analytics-based understanding of needs and business dynamics / brand strategy to optimize experience and loyalty, in collaboration with the Hospital Presidents and Operations Leaders of YNHHS/YM.
2. Plan and execute Voice of the Patient activities with the Experience Team, to continuously adjust to demand expectations, including standardizing the patient journey with improvement opportunities for the patient experience in all touch points, enabling YNHHS to deliver a best-in-class experience.
3. Collaborate with marketing to define who the customer is (patient, consumer and family), and translates this into how the customer experience is defined and the role customer experience has in driving business and growth that will create a customer-centric culture and accelerate business strategy.
4. Lead the measurement capture and optimization of key performance indicators to be implemented to gauge experience, loyalty and Press Ganey/HCAHPS satisfaction effectiveness.
5. Guides the organization toward adopting new technology and other new initiatives in order to move point of care onto digital platform as part of the customer centered changes.
6. Provide a clear understanding of customer analytics and clearly articulate the science and direction behind the data.
7. Develop plan and manage customer experience evaluation through an ongoing process, utilizing insights from analytics, usability audits, and customer research results, including provider standard patient satisfaction metrics.
8. Partner closely with clinical and system leadership to implement new programs, technologies and strategies to improve care delivery across the entire care continuum.
9. Motivate and mentor team members and cultivate a positive environment through managing for results, developing staff and maintaining an in-depth knowledge of YNHHS/YM products, services and regulatory compliance requirements.
10. Manages the annual patient experience budget and resources. Allocates resources (budget and staffing) efficiently and effectively for all experience initiatives.
11. Coordinate innovations and advocate for system wide integration to drive excellent experience, including branded experiences, service offerings and further opportunity identification.
12. Build linkages between the patient experience and team member engagement.
13. Monitor national and industry best practices and trends and tailor strategies to ensure performs as a best-in-class patient experience institution
Masters degree in business administration or related field required
5-7 or more years of business experience in customer or patient-centric service businesses where he/she has successfully improved the customer experience. 5 or more years of leadership experience leading cross-functional teams and enterprise wide programs, operating and influencing effectively across the organization and within complex contexts.
Excellent organizational and management skills. Strong communications skills ? written, verbal and public speaking.
Flexibility in coping with shifting demands on time and energy. Must be able to travel to all delivery care networks.
Internal Number: 67417
About Yale New Haven Health System
Complex health system, teach hospital. Approximately 27,000 employees across Connecticut, Rhode Island, and New York. The health system includes 5 inpatient hospitals along with numerous physician practices, urgent care and ambulatory facilities.