Central Electric Cooperative has 42 employees serving 7,200 meters over 3,560 miles of overhead distribution line and 926 miles of underground. Annual revenue is over $35 million with total assets of over $76 million. Central Electric Cooperative is a member of East River Electric, South Dakota Rural Electric Association, NRECA, and Touchstone Energy.
The Cooperative headquarters is located in Mitchell, South Dakota which has a population of nearly 16,000 and is home to Dakota Wesleyan University and Mitchell Technical Institute. Mitchell is located in East Central South Dakota approximately 70 miles west of Sioux Falls, South Dakota. It offers the benefits of a small town environment, with excellent health care and educational opportunities. The area also offers various recreational opportunities.
We are seeking a Director of Finance & Administration to join our team. This position is responsible for effectively managing and directing the daily finance and administrative duties of the Cooperative. This includes direct participation in the accounting, investing, financing, various reporting functions, human resources and benefit administration.
As a Director of Finance & Administration you will be a leader in providing direction as it relates to the daily finance and administrative duties of the Cooperative.
Other responsibilities of the role include:
• Oversight responsibilities in payroll, credit and sale, purchasing and payment
• Oversee preparation of journal entries for the general ledger.
• Keep informed of the latest trends and requirements in the accounting and finance fields and to see that the staff is informed and trained where appropriate.
• Maintain adequate cash flow and working capital to assist management in making decision on the investment of cash reserves, applying for financing, and requisitioning loan funds in conjunction with the construction work plans to obtain needed capital for plant expansion and board-approved projects.
• Coordinate the annual budget preparation process and monitor results.
• Coordinate year-end audit.
• Develop operating procedures that will improve productivity, customer service, safety and employee morale.
• Manage, direct and evaluate the Cooperative's programs related to the human resources function.
Qualified candidates of the Director of Finance & Administration position must have a minimum of 5 years of management experience, preferably at an electric cooperative.
Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration (or related field) Or substantial equivalent job experience
Thorough working knowledge of financial and cash management, capital planning and placement, budgeting and forecasting, insurance and risk management, plant accounting and consumer billing, collection practices and procedures and data process is required.