Under the general direction of the Talent Manager, manage and execute full recruiting life-cycle for the organization, including development and execution of effective recruiting strategies; development of strong partnerships among hiring managers, candidates and human resources team; and maintenance of functions such as applicant tracking, social media employment branding and regulatory compliance and recruiting.
This Exempt position will report to the Talent Manager in the Division of Human Resources.
• Partners with business unit leaders and hiring managers to evaluate position criteria, determine candidate requirements, and review sourcing options.
• Develop and executes effective recruiting strategies to identify and attract candidates using online social networking sites, job boards, database mining, traditional networking, professional organizations, web searches and referrals.
• Manages employment activities through Applicant Tracking System (ATS) including job posting and recruitment, candidate interviews, applicant tracking and disposition, and job offer process.
• Actively engages with managers and provides ongoing status of requisition, advises and influences managers throughout the hiring process, and closes requisitions in a timely manner.
• Coordinates/evaluates temporary staffing needs and services.
• Assures that all employment, AAP, employee relations, personnel, and equal opportunity policies and practices comply with the applicable provisions of federal and state labor laws.
• Maintains all applicant affirmative action data or files; maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to ACS policy and legal regulations.
• Assists in the development and delivery of new hire orientations and recruitment training and education; responsible for facilitation of new staff onboarding programs.
• Plans and executes employment branding activities and hiring events such as job fairs, informational interviews, and external networking.
• Completes functional department projects as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• PHR, SPHR or other HR-Specific training related to recruitment or employment practices desired.
• Minimum of 2-4+ years of recruiting experience in a similar role required.
• Solid recruiting skillset; proficient in the use of various candidate sourcing techniques, including, but not limited to, job boards, LinkedIn, social networking sites, etc.
• Working knowledge of applicable HR-related federal, state, and local laws ( ADA, FLSA, OFCCP, etc.).
• Ability to analyze HR data and metrics.
• Skilled in HRIS and ATS (UltiPro preferred).
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) necessary to effectively interact with all levels of organization.
• Capable of providing excellent customer service.
• Attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Must be able to multi-task.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Advanced computer skills helpful.
• Display high level of energy and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Self-motivated and able to work independently and as a member of a team.
• Ability to plan and prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
• Ability to establish strong working relationships with all division teams and management.
Fiscal Management: This position is required to provide staff support to the supervisor in the development of the unit’s annual budget, program or project budget.
Physical/Work Environment: Fast paced with significant people interaction. No lifting over 20 pounds, minimal reaching bending and stooping. Performs work in a normal office environment with long hours in front of the computer.
Other Necessary Requirements: Occasional evening or weekend duties may be required. Minimal travel may be required infrequently for activities such as the annual meeting.
The American College of Surgeons is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call (312) 202-5000 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
The American College of Surgeons will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Internal Number: 18-0052
About American College of Surgeons
Make a difference in the lives of others.
Work for our premier organization dedicated to improving care for surgical patients.
The American College of Surgeons is a professional and educational association dedicated to improving the quality of care for surgical patients. Our members set high standards for surgical education and safeguard standards of care in an optimal and ethical practice environment. The College has more than 80,000 members and is the largest organization of surgeons in the world. We invite talented, enthusiastic professionals to join our team.