Berkshire Theatre Group is seeking a Director of Development to oversee our donor relations program and manage our fundraising initiatives. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing our non-profit's fundraising campaigns, communicating with current and prospective donors, and building a strong development team for our organization. The position involves managing individual and corporate gifts, as well as planned and annual giving campaigns.
We seek someone who will be responsible for developing, overseeing and implementing a development plan which would determine financial and non-financial goals, campaign programs and strategy.
With the support of two full time staff members and in collaboration with the Artistic Director, Executive Director and Board of Trustees, the Director of Development will be responsible to:
* Develop, oversee, and implement a development plan which will determine financial and non-financial goals, campaign programs and strategy.
* Identify prospective individual, foundation, and corporate donors and develop strategies to cultivate new and existing relationships, soliciting donations at all giving levels including a planned giving program.
* Maintain ongoing communications with private and corporate donors.
* Research donor relation programs at local, state and cporate agencies.
* Ensure timely and accurate report deliveries to funders and Board of Trustees.
* Collaborate with staff on the management and planning of fundraising events and donor receptions
* Develop print marketing collateral materials related to fundraising in collaboration with our advertising/graphics department.
Bachelor's degree, CFRE accreditation preferred, minimum of 5 years progressively successful experience.
Successful track record in soliciting and closing six and seven figure gifts, as well as planned gifts. Ability to work independently with a high level of initiatives in a deadline-orientated team environment. Strong interpersonal skills; posses a comfort level in dealing with high net worth individuals. High level of sophistication, warmth, and maturity in social and professional settings. Must subscribe to the AHP, AFP Standards of ethics and the Donor Bill of Rights and have integrity and a passion for fundraising, good energy level and ability to work as a team player.
About Berkshire Theatre Group
Berkshire Theatre Group's mission is to support wide-ranging artistic exploration and acclaimed performances in theatre, dance, music and entertainment. Berkshire Theatre Group's celebrated four stages in Stockbridge and Pittsfield, MA reflect the history of the American Theatre. They are a priceless cultural resource for the community. Our vision is to be a center for creative work that enriches, educates, invigorates and transforms artists and audiences.
We meet 70,000 patrons annually on our four stages. Our arts in education program currently serves 13,000 of the 16,000 schoolchildren in our county through a variety of important programs. Our work enriches the creative life of our community and invigorates our creative family of artists.