Under the direction of the Engineering Manager the Engineer will assist in Project Design, Right of Way Acquisitions, Project Permitting, Project Management, Surveying, review and renewal of existing facility permits, review and renewal of work place and environmental compliance plans/permits, and other engineering related task involved in the electric operations as assigned. Provides engineering oversight in the absence of the Engineering Manager.
• Bachelor’s Degree in engineering - from an ABET accredited University and have successfully passed the FE Exam.
• Entry level to two years of experience in the application of theoretical and practical engineering.
• Bachelor’s Degree in power system engineering or related field from an ABET accredited University. • Entry level to two years of experience in the application of theoretical and practical power system engineering. • The individual should have a thorough knowledge of engineering principles and practices as related to the design and operation of an electric utility.
• Must have operating knowledge of PC operations, including Excel, Word and Auto CAD.
• Must have the ability to communicate clearly in written and oral form on an individual and group basis. • Must have strong mathematical abilities and the ability to perform responsibilities effectively and timely. • Individual must have the ability to perform multiple tasks and maintain a high degree of accuracy in projects and detail. • Must be proficient, or capable of demonstrating proficiency in a short time, the effective utilization and application of computerized and related technological methods to the duties of the position. • Must have the ability to work as a team in the promotion and accomplishment of the organization’s goals and objectives overall and as they relate to the department. • Must maintain current knowledge of computerized and technological means and methods of accomplishing the duties and responsibilities of the position. • Must have the ability to interact positively with others, solve problems and communicate solutions to others constructively.
About Garkane Energy Cooperative
Garkane Energy is a member owned Cooperative with a for-profit propane subsidiary. Garkane manages 2,200 miles of line with 13,950 meters. It owns two hydro plants on the Boulder Mountain. It is a member of the NRECA (National Rural Electric Cooperative Association). The Co-op serves four National Parks (Zions, Bryce Canyon, Grand Canyon, and Capitol Reef). The Co-op also serves two National Monuments and a National Recreation Area. Three National Forests are served (Dixie, Fishlake, and Kaibab), along with numerous State Parks. These federal and state lands encompass close to 90% of the total landmass of the Co-op’s 16,000 square miles of service territory. It has been an economic force for good in all the communities it serves.