The Associate Director, Parent Engagement reports to the Director of the Pingry Fund and manages/oversees all programs related to giving by and engagement from the School’s parent and grandparent constituencies. The Associate Director will work in conjunction with the Associate Director of The Pingry Fund, the Senior Advancement Team, Trustees, the Pingry School Parents’ Association, faculty, and staff to build and sustain strong and continuing relationships in support of the School. Local travel is required. This is a full-time, twelve-month position, renewable annually.
1. Manage Pingry’s parent engagement program, which includes new and current parent events, partnering with the PSPA, and finding new ways to connect parents to the life of the school.
2. Work in partnership with the Associate Director of the Pingry Fund to craft strategic messaging, appeals, and events in support of the Pingry Fund; focusing on parent and grandparent giving.
3. Maintain a portfolio of leadership level parent and potentially grandparent prospects. Management of the portfolio will include annual visit and fundraising goals.
4. Recruit, train and manage a core group of parent volunteers who can provide assistance with fundraising goals, in particular participation goals.
5. Work with prospect managers to identify, cultivate, and steward high-level parent prospects.
6. Liaise with the PSPA and attend Executive Board Meetings.
7. Maintain a high profile in the parent community by meeting with donors and attending parent-driven events.
8. Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Demonstrated success in parent relations and annual giving
Clear understanding of the mission, values, organization and traditions of an independent school
Strong customer service orientation and the ability to work collaboratively
A minimum of three years of direct and progressively responsible experience in parent relations and fundraising is required
Ability to recruit, motivate, train, and manage volunteers is necessary
Bachelor’s degree required
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, analytical and strategic thinking capabilities, well-refined organizational skills, initiative, creative energy and a sense of humor
Position’s responsibilities require candidate to travel and work occasional weekends and evenings
About The Pingry School
Founded in 1861, The Pingry School is an independent, coeducational, college preparatory day school for students in Kindergarten through Grade 12. Situated on two spacious campuses in Basking Ridge and Short Hills, New Jersey, the school draws students of varied talents and diverse backgrounds from over 100 communities in the central New Jersey region.
Together, our two campuses in Short Hills (K-5) and Basking Ridge (6-12) serve approximately 1,080 students. Pingry students participate in a challenging and engaging academic program, complemented by extensive co-curricular opportunities.