Microsoft Quantum is dedicated to solving the world’s intractable problems and forever altering our economic, industrial, academic, and societal landscape. In just hours or days, a quantum computer can solve complex problems that would otherwise take billions of years for today’s computers to solve! This has massive implications for research in healthcare, energy, environmental systems, smart materials, and more. Simply put, Microsoft brings the only scalable quantum system to the broadest set of customers. For more information about our team, visit https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/quantum
Do you want to be part of the next revolution in computing? Join our team to develop software libraries, algorithms, and optimization techniques that will be used to compile quantum programs. You ideally bring some familiarity with quantum physics, mathematics, and programming, but will have the opportunity to grow and learn about programming quantum computers as part of our multi-disciplinary and diverse team.
* Impact on one of the most exciting new areas in Azure that might truly revolutionize the way we do computing.
* Work in a world class engineering team of engineers, researchers, architects, and leadership that will help you grow your career.
* Be part of a dynamic Open Source community that will enable you to learn, collaborate, and contribute with the top minds in the industry.
* 3 or more years of programming experience
* 2 or more years of .NET programming experience
* Some background in quantum physics or quantum computing
* Graduate degree or equivalent in computer science, mathematics, or physics
* Experience with C/C++, C#, and Python
* Strong mathematics skills
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
For more than a decade, we’ve been making consistent investments in our quantum dream team, comprised of some of the greatest minds in quantum physics, mathematics, computer science, and engineering. Working with universities, industries, and governments, this team’s collaborative approach has consistently delivered the cutting-edge innovation that continues to bring scalable quantum computing closer and closer to reality.