POSITION REPORTS TO: Associate Director of Development/Sr. Director of Major and Planned Gifts
The position plans, coordinates and implements the Goodman’s annual fundraising campaigns to secure support from individual donors of gifts below $2,500. This position requires an energetic, organized, self-motivated person who is able to handle several projects at once with an eye for detail, a strong understanding of databases, and knowledge of fundraising from individuals.
· Execute all Annual Fund giving programs, including 3-4 phone campaigns, 5-6 direct mail appeals, annual membership renewal solicitations, 10+ e-blast solicitations/messages, online campaigns, social media fundraising, and commemorative giving.
o Build extractions, segments and lists for leads in Tessitura database
o Partner with Telemarketing Manager on daily operations, scripts and caller materials as well as to set goals for season and for each campaign
o Partner with Telemarketing Manager to perform analysis at the end of each campaign
o Work with Ticket Services to identify new opportunities to add gifts into ticket orders
o Work with Marketing Department to schedule and prioritize leads
o Work with an outside mail house to schedule and execute direct mail appeals
o Work with the Development Communications Coordinator to create solicitation messages and materials
o Record and follow up on verbal pledges
· Process all Annual Fund gifts accurately and efficiently in Tessitura.
Produce Annual Fund and commemorative giving acknowledgments in a timely manner and maintain appropriate donor records.
Provide a monthly outstanding pledge report and produce monthly pledge reminders.
· Record and manage the gift processing and acknowledgements for the monthly giving program.
· Execute additional ad hoc campaigns as opportunities arise, including tribute and donor participation campaigns.
· Manage a portfolio of 15-20 key annual fund donors and work with the Manager of Individual and Major Gifts to develop cultivation plans for those with capacity to grow to Premiere Society levels.
· Collaborate with the Development Communications Coordinator and Manager of Individual and Major Gifts to create solicitation materials and collateral for Sponsorship and Premiere Society donors, including special event invitations, donor perks, and VIP subscriptions.
· Identify innovative approaches to fundraising, including new opportunities to increase contributed revenue, cultivate potential donors, and steward donors throughout the season.
· Work with Coordinator of Stewardship and Community Engagement Events to plan and execute annual fund donor stewardship and cultivation events, including building invitation lists.
· Perform an annual review of benefit arrays and adjust as needed.
During phone campaigns, coordinate the day-to-day operations and work with the Marketing and Research Manager and the TM Managers to maximize lead segment strategies.
Pull from Tessitura and organize the Individual Donor Listing in the Playbill.
Steward the honor/memorial program: process gifts; update records; send acknowledgements; notify honorees; and update Playbill listings.
Represent the Development Department on cross-functional membership sales team and generate suggested donation amounts for all renewing members each season.
Assist development department staff in stewardship activities relating to donors, including opening nights and other cultivation events.
Perform related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 2-4 years of experience in non-profit fundraising.
Previous experience with campaign execution, direct mail and telefunding required.
Proficiency with Excel and Tessitura (or other comparable fundraising database) a must
Experience with Wordfly or other email platforms beneficial
Exceptional interpersonal, written and presentation skills; a high degree of initiative and energy, with a high level of professionalism and integrity.
Team-player with superior organizational, strong analytical, computer and database skills.
Goodman Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Please indicate in the cover letter how you heard about this position. No emails or calls please.
Internal Number: 3124433800
About Goodman Theatre
Goodman Theatre, Chicago’s oldest and largest not-for-profit theater, has won international renown for the quality of productions, the depth and diversity of artistic leadership, and the excellence of its many community and educational programs.
By dedicating itself to three guiding principles—quality, diversity and community—Goodman Theatre seeks to be the premier cultural organization in Chicago, providing productions and programs that make an essential contribution to the quality of life in our city.