Oversee financial planning, tracking, and reporting for key products belonging to the Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) technology stack.
Operating budget development and tracking: Develop annual budgets, track monthly spend, highlight areas of concern in time to take corrective action
Capital plan development and tracking: Support annual capital process, guide team through business case development, support monthly investment reviews
* Manage and oversee the work of the general accounting functions, perform detail P&L review and variance explanations
* Ensure that standard accounting policies, practices, and procedures are being utilized
* Manage and monitor the development, analysis, evaluation, coordination and implementation of financial and management reporting requirements
* Work with corporate accounting on all day-to-day and month-end accounting procedures for analyzing expenses and balance sheet activity, coordination of vendor payables, streamlined procedures for billing/collecting
* Supervise, coach, motivate and evaluate staff if applicable
* Identifies, creates and distributes monthly financial reports (P&L's, GL Detail, forecasts, etc.) and any requested ad hoc reporting, responsible for all variance reporting requirements
* Coordinate with various individuals at different levels in the organization to secure information required to create the periodic deliverables - budgets, product roadmaps, metric scorecards and dashboards, etc.
* Prepare, create and analyze financial forecasts and budgets - client and corporate, r esponsible for financial planning, forecasting, and analysis functions
* Conducts regular financial forecasting and budgeting analysis meetings
* Provide guidance to different teams on the use of capital and operating budget based on knowledge of industry and CBRE-specific finance and accounting practices and policies
* Develop various forms of written communications - status reports, Steering Committee reports, etc.; lead facilitation and preparations for meetings with senior executives
* As needed, provides formal supervision to individual employees who are assigned to support key activities related to capital planning, operating budget planning, roadmap development, and performance management; leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's values.
* Continually refine and improve current methods and business processes to improve productivity and improve communication
* Conduct analyses to determine resource needs and measure productivity, determine process costs, prepare reports on findings for management
* Coordinate special project requests and ad hoc reports in support of clients and/or corporate management
* Work to identify and mitigate financial and operational risks
* Work with Sourcing Group for vendor contract compliance
* Liaison with D&T and other platform systems and projects
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent to appropriate 4-year college program. (accounting / finance)
* 6+ years experience in field of general accounting AND comprehensive technical knowledge and understanding of general accounting functions, or any similar combination of education and experience
* 2+ years of supervisory experience. Must have demonstrated ability to motivate and work with a team, train personnel, and handle complex employee issues confidentially and fairly
* Familiarity with and adherence to standard accounting principles and controls
* Requires in-depth knowledge of financial terms and principles relevant to capital planning and operating budget planning. Ability to calculate complex figures. Ability to forecast and prepare budgets. Conducts financial/business analysis including the preparation of reports and development of financial models.
* Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations. Requires expert level analytical and quantitative skills with proven experience in developing strategic solutions for a growing matrix-based multi-industry sales environment. Draws upon the analysis of others and makes recommendations that have a direct impact on the company.
* Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive issues. Ability to write presentations, reports, manuals, speeches and articles using distinctive style. Ability to summarize data and present to an executive audience.
* Ability to manage multiple priorities with high flexibility and rapid response time
* Excellent analytical, quantitative and presentation skills
* Strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
* Proactive and high energy
* CPA or other applicable certification considered a plus
* Real estate finance experience a plus
COMPUTER TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Heavy experience in Microsoft office products specifically in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
With broader and deeper capabilities than any other company, CBRE is the leading full-service real estate services and investment organization in the world.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2017 revenues of $14.2 billion and more than 80,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included in the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #214 in 2017. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 17 consecutive years, and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” in the real estate sector for six years in a row. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “CBRE.”
CBRE offers a broad range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services.