Responsible for managing a broad range of complex financial analysis, reporting and closing of client monthly financial statements and CBRE corporate reporting to support client real estate outsourcing contract. Oversee all financial aspects of client account from a corporate and client perspective for real estate services. Review and ensure accuracy of financial statements. Establish and maintain excellent relationships with internal and external clients. Work within the matrix reporting environment with account Alliance Director, GWS Regional Finance, Dallas (corporate) and Memphis (client) accounting and the client on all aspects of accounting, finance requirements and reporting.
* Manage and oversee the work of the general accounting functions, perform detail P&L review and variance explanations. Ensure client and corporate deadlines are met.
* Ensure that standard accounting policies, practices, and procedures are being utilized
* Comprehensive knowledge of contract terms, establish control procedures to ensure contract performance and readiness for audits and financial results are in compliance with contract
* Manage and monitor the development, analysis, evaluation, coordination and implementation of client financial and management reporting requirements , work with assigned dedicated client accountant on all day-to-day and month-end accounting procedures for customer, analyzing expense and balance sheet activity, coordination of vendor payables, streamlined procedures for billing/collecting
* Work with assigned dedicated corporate accountant on all day-to-day and month-end accounting procedures for the account results, including P&L activity (management fees, fee splits, gross-up entries, reclasses, etc.), balance sheet activity (deferrals, accruals); accounts receivable / cash application, ensures accounting is performed in compliance with GAAP
* Comprehensive understanding of how financial transactions flow through technology systems and modules - POs, invoices, matching, accruals, G/L and payments.
* Supervise, coach, motivate and evaluate staff if applicable
* Provides monthly reporting and communication of account results to Alliance Director, GWS Regional and LMA management
* Identifies, creates and distributes monthly financial reports (P&L's, GL Detail, A/R, forecasts, etc.) and any requested ad hoc reporting, responsible for all variance reporting requirements
* Coordinates strategic financial plan process
* Prepare, create and analyze financial forecasts and budgets - client and corporate, r esponsible for financial planning, forecasting, and analysis functions
* Responsible for pricing models for new pursuits / renewals working with Biz Dev team and GWS Finance
* Conducts regular financial forecasting and budgeting analysis meetings
* Responsible for scorecard reporting and metrics, value savings initiative tracking, reporting and communication of KPI performance and monitoring
* Ensure client and corporate deadlines are met
* Supervise, coach, motivate and evaluate staff if applicable
* Continually refine and improve current methods and business processes to improve productivity and improve communication
* Partner with AD on overall client financial priorities and ensures that all deadlines are met
* Ensure effective internal and external client relations through communication of processes, procedures, service delivery, and service limitations , increased communication with LMA, Region, Division and AD
* Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service, p ersonal involvement in fostering client relationship
* Conduct analyses to determine resource needs and measure productivity, determine process costs, prepare reports on findings for management
* Coordinate special project requests and ad hoc reports in support of clients and/or corporate management
* Work to identify and mitigate financial and operational risks
* Work with Sourcing Group for vendor contract compliance
* Liaison with IT and other platform systems and projects
* Development and driver of Initiatives
* Communication is key
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent to appropriate 4-year college program.
* 6+ years experience in field of general accounting AND comprehensive technical knowledge and understanding of general accounting functions, or any similar combination of education and experience
* 2+ years of supervisory experience. Must have demonstrated ability to motivate and work with a team, train personnel, and handle complex employee issues confidentially and fairly
* Familiarity with and adherence to standard accounting principles and controls, real estate finance experience
* Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment in making decisions and resolving complex problems related to general and technical aspects of the job
* Ability to manage multiple priorities with high flexibility and rapid response time
* Excellent analytical, quantitative and presentation skills
* Strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
* Proactive and high energy
* CPA or other applicable certification considered a plus
* Assertive and confident approach to communications and achieving goals.
* Ability to effectively interact, motivate and work collaboratively with top management, key employees, client, business partners, client groups on various projects.
COMPUTER TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Heavy experience in Microsoft office products specifically in Excel(Pivot Tables, V-Lookups), Word and PowerPoint
* Accounting software packages : Peoplesoft and Oracle financials , JD Edwards, etc.
* Cognos, Hyperion Planning
* Experience with database packages
Internal Number: 19010703
With broader and deeper capabilities than any other company, CBRE is the leading full-service real estate services and investment organization in the world.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2017 revenues of $14.2 billion and more than 80,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included in the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #214 in 2017. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 17 consecutive years, and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” in the real estate sector for six years in a row. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “CBRE.”
CBRE offers a broad range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services.