OSIH / Safety Systems Coordinator-1901688 We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team--especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2019. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
OSIH/ Safety Systems Coordinator (1901688) - Pasadena, TX
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to serve in this team-oriented role by driving continuous improvement in safety, health, and environmental which will support a "Zero Incident Mindset" culture. In this role, you will coordinate and ensure timely completion of all AIMS investigations. You will work with Operations and Maintenance to maintain all Site PPE grids. This will include acting as Facilities Security Officer for the site. You will add value and cost savings by managing Vallen safety supplies and systems checks for the plant. Additionally, you will be instrumental in assigning teams to field walk and perform safety observations that will provide data for generating techniques and methods. This will be used to foster positive behaviors that create a sustainable culture.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
* Leveraging your education (preferably in Industrial Technology, Environmental Science, Occupational Health and Safety) and experience in a chemical manufacturing environment, you will coordinate all AIMS investigations for completion in a timely manner. This will include issuing reports on AIMS status to all site employees.
* Serving as Exposure Reduction Leader, you will conduct weekly observations of work permitting and energy isolation to identify and address concerns with Production Management.
* Multi-tasking successfully, you will also act as the site's Facility Security Officer.
* Focusing on continuous improvement, you will i mplement/support Lean Manufacturing tools (including opportunities to reduce risk) and provide support to PHAs, MOCs, and PSSR processes.
* Acting as a liaison, you will be the point of contact for all Vallen safety system services on site, including scope vetting of assessments before repairs are performed.
* Your strong organizational skills will be essential as you maintain the site PPE Grids, MSDS, Safety and Health programs.
* Using your solid computer skills, you will develop, maintain and update the OSIH input for the unit's periodic Responsible Care Management System report.
* Your unwavering commitment to workplace safety will be evident as you support site emergency response functions per the site's and unit's emergency response plans and track and ensure timely closeout of EHS related audit items.
* Your effective communication skills will serve you well as you lead and report on open ended line (OEL) scavenger hunts.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you--the whole you--in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
This position requires all candidates to either currently possess or obtain and maintain a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) Card from the U. S. Department of Homeland Security.
At BASF, we create chemistry – and have been doing so for 150 years. Our portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection products to oil and gas. As the world’s leading chemical company, we combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Through science and innovation, we enable our customers in nearly every industry to meet the current and future needs of society. Our products and solutions contribute to conserving resources, ensuring nutrition and improving quality of life. We have summed up this contribution in our corporate purpose: We create chemistry for a sustainable future.