The Executive Assistant reports directly to the Head of School and provides executive level support to the Head of School and Administration Team. The Executive Assistant serves as a liaison to all internal and external stakeholders on matters pertaining to the Head of School, exercising considerable independent judgment in the execution of his/her duties. The Executive Assistant also organizes and coordinates outreach and internal relations efforts, oversees special projects, and exhibits the behavior of a life-long learner who enhances his/her skills using available technologies to maintain high standards of performance. This is a leadership position that requires the ability to manage the office and create a respectful, joyous, and efficient workplace that serves and supports the effective functioning of the entire school.
Title: Executive Assistant
Reports to: Head of School
Hours: Full-time; 12 month
Salary and Benefits:
This is a Non-Exempt. The salary for this position will be commensurate with candidate’s experience. Heschel employees enjoy a competitive employee benefits program including medical and dental coverages, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, retirement plan contribution, and voluntary supplemental life insurance
Qualified applicants should submit the following documents via email to:
Cover Letter (addressing the duties and qualifications of the position)
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· High energy and a passion for Heschel’s mission, appreciation of the daily life of a school environment, and high level of support for the Jewish identity and activities of the school.
· Outstanding customer service to staff, parents, students, and visitors, and values collegiality with administrators, faculty, and staff.
· Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail and innovative problem-solving.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral. Ability to assist in development of a variety of written communications.
· Ability to work both independently without close oversight and also as a team player who will productively engage with others within and outside of Heschel.
· Ability to handle several complex projects simultaneously, and experience completing projects and assignments by establishing objectives, determining priorities, gaining cooperation of others, monitoring progress, problem-solving, integrating feedback, and making adjustments to the plan.
· Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality in execution of duties.
· Advanced digital skills Microsoft Office Suit and Google Suite. Proficiency with various web applications. Proficiency with Blackbaud and Finalsite desired, but not required.
Qualified candidates should have a combination of education and experience equivalent to the following:
Bachelor’s degree is desired.
Prior experience as an executive administrative assistant is desired.
Prior experience in an independent school is desired.
Knowledge of and experience with the Jewish faith traditions integral in a Jewish school environment is required.