Operating Nurse On Call Support RN - Highlands Ranch Hospital OR Operating Room
Provides on-call nursing support for Perioperative Services. Carries out routine patient care assignments in the Operating Room, performing established nursing procedures.
* 3p to 7a On Call Support
* 4 Nights/Week
This position is Exempt. Opportunities of this RN On-Call Support positions include:
* Full Pay
* Guaranteed pay at 40 hours/week for on call work of approximately 64 hours
* Full Benefits
* New opportunity filling a great need at the new Highlands Ranch Hospital!
* Working with a consistent team - the on call staff will be 4 FT OR RNs
* Opportunity to be part of an amazing OR Team!
At UCHealth, we do things differently
The new 87 bed hospital in Highlands Ranch will join UCHealth's proud tradition of superior care and unwavering commitment to patients and the communities we serve. Highlands Ranch Hospital combines a high energy environment and a "patient first mentality," giving employees the opportunity to deliver the highest quality care to patients. The highest quality of care gives patients access to advanced treatments, complex surgeries and innovative clinical trials across the entire UCHealth system.
* Provides on-call nursing support for the Operating Rooms. Adheres to patient safety goals, fall and skin precautions, restraint use and medication administration policies. Educates patient and family. Documents care provided. Completes case cart pick lists, identifying additional supplies and equipment needed.
* Completes patient assessment based on diagnosis and scheduled procedure; identifies discrepancies or conditions that would impact planned care.
* Handles assignment changes and add-on procedures. Identifies opportunities for practice improvements.
* Performs circulating functions before surgery, including preparing the operating environment, orienting and assessing the patient, and reviewing patient's medical record and surgeon's notes to ensure all pre-requisites and preferences are set. Ensures safety checklists and procedures are implemented and documented at all times.
* Performs circulating functions during surgery, including monitoring and communicating patient condition, documenting interventions and activities, monitoring the sterile field and controlling traffic into, out of and around the room.
* Performs scrub functions, including the preparation, selection, and handling of instruments and supplies used during the surgical procedure and performs surgical counts with the circulating nurse.
* Provides nursing care to a complex, high acuity surgical patient population in a technically complex environment.
* One year of acute care nursing experience
* State licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN)
* Graduate of an accredited Registered/Professional Nursing program if less than 3 years' experience. BSN is required for new hires or to be attained within three years of acceptance of the position.
* BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
Internal Number: 175
With award-winning hospitals and facilities serving the entire Front Range, University of Colorado Health is the state’s largest and most innovative health system. By integrating the strengths of academic medicine with the finest community health care, we’re able to push the boundaries of medicine and offer our employees endless career opportunities. Here, there are no limits, except those you place on yourself. Everyone is united by their passion for discovery and their commitment to improving patients’ lives.