Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Sr. Scientist – Scientific Collaborations Manager for the Computed Tomography R&D Division.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Sr. Scientist – Scientific Collaborations Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Managing scientific collaborations at luminary institutions and driving joint projects that can lead to publications, extramural grant applications, and/or patent applications
-Identifying, building and supporting strong collaborative relationships with key thought leaders
- Maintaining clinical and technical expertise in computed tomography - Collaborating both with R&D development teams and clinical partners for comprehensive evaluation and testing of prototypes and new products
- Keeping customers & collaboration partners informed about the Siemens technologies
- Drafting, negotiating and pulling together all collaboration contracts with support from legal, regulatory and compliance
- Tracking milestones and deliverables of research projects
- Maintaining accurate budget and conducting budget planning with appropriate colleagues
- Effectively communicating with Siemens internal audience and leadership
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
You have completed studies in the field of Medical Physics, Engineering, Biomedical Engineering and/or Physics and have a strong clinical and technical background in the fields of Computed Tomography and Medical Imaging
You have the ability to take initiative and lead projects in multi-disciplinary groups
You have the desire to learn, ask questions and be resourceful to identify innovative applications, develop own, creative solutions to complex problems
You are willing and able to travel up to 40%, including short term international trips
Required skills to have for the success of this role
PhD in related field
2 – 5 years of experience (industry or post-doctoral fellow)
Excellent communication & Presentation skills
Assertiveness and can-do attitude
Experience working in a clinical and interdisciplinary environment
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Education - Ph.D. in Medical Physics, Biomedical Engineering and/or related field w/ a strong background in Computed Tomography.
Travel - Approximately 40% (Domestic and International)
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
About Siemens Healthineers
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.