Act2 is MetLife’s 10 week paid returnship program to help experienced professionals re?enter the workforce after an extended break (18 months or more). At MetLife, we know our success depends on attracting, developing and retaining diverse talent who can bring different perspectives and life experiences to help us innovate for our customers and drive our business forward. This is an opportunity to reignite your professional career in a supportive and exciting environment.
Reentering the workforce after an extended period of time can be daunting, but we believe in succeeding together and you will be surrounded by a network of leaders, mentors and colleagues to support your progress. Participants receive feedback and guidance from managers and coaches.
All roles offered through Act2 are existing vacancies at MetLife. Based on their successful completion of the program and performance, participants may then have the opportunity to continue on in a permanent role.
Role Value Proposition:
MetLife is seeking a Senior Project Lead to perform project management for the Application Development organization. As part of the team, the candidate will partner to lead the planning, coordination, data analysis, project monitoring and status reporting of moderate cross-functional initiatives. This role is part of an organization focused on strategy, organizational communication and workforce planning, cross functional alignment and transformation to drive business success.
- Drive planning and execution efforts, coordinating component projects and partnering with other teams to achieve business goals
- Ensure quality delivery of outcomes through regular executive communication and adherence to defined performance standards
- Build and maintain working relationships with project and subject matter expert teams, vendors, and other departments involved in the projects
- Handle complex situations and multiple responsibilities simultaneously, mixing long-term strategy with the urgency of immediate demands
- Devise a strategy, process, timeline, and change management efforts necessary to define and implement workforce planning
- Articulate the vision for analytical work in key domains for workforce planning (data tracking, creating strategic plan and bringing in industry best practices) and work with the teams to execute on the vision