As a Technical Writer you will create conceptual, reference and task-type technical content for end users of Rockwell Automation products. You will work as part of a Technical Writing/Information Development team to create publications such as technical data sheets, installation instructions, and user manuals. The technical content is used by internal personnel, channel partners, and end users to specify, select, operate, troubleshoot, and maintain products.
Senior Technical Writers manage multiple priorities, work with product development teams, and are engaged with evolving processes. Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with a variety of different functions and levels of personnel in marketing, engineering, quality, and other disciplines to gather and interpret source information.
- Ensuring that information products are reviewed and approved before publication.
- Taking your technical information products through printing, language translation, distribution, and record retention.
- Ensuring that technical information products are developed according to style guidelines and templates, with a global perspective, and are optimized for translation.
Depending on your background, you may work on establishing future content development methodologies or heading up special department-wide projects, leading to opportunities for professional advancement.
Related Competencies - - Based on specific role, effectively uses entire suite of tools required to author, review, check quality, and publish technical content, for example, FrameMaker, DocMan, and Acrolinx.
- Has sufficient knowledge about the product and technology domain he/she supports as writer.
- Writes accurate, clear, and concise content for industrial automation users, using appropriate terminology, and adhering to Rockwell Automation style and quality guidelines.
- Manages own workload and individual projects against deadlines and priorities; for example, effectively communicates project status to manager and stakeholders.
- Develops unique skills to support organizational needs, for example, tool administration, acting as a superuser, writing for the Web, maintaining templates.
- Maintains a network of peers and SMEs to support his/her primary role.
- Communicates effectively with manager, peers, and stakeholders, using the appropriate communication method for the situation; for example, tries multiple tactics to move a stalled project along.
- Practices effective teaming and leadership skills; for example, collaborates with other teams, voices concerns openly, and gets to a conclusion without hard feelings afterwards.
- Shows initiative and energy in taking on challenges or responding to organizational urgency.
Internal Number: 2629259
About Rockwell Automation
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth – and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.