SmithGroup is an award-winning, multinational integrated design firm with a team of 1,300 experts across 15 offices in the U.S. and China. We employ research, data, advanced technologies and design thinking to help clients solve their greatest challenges. Our specialists—from artists and engineers, to nurses, workplace strategists and beyond—develop beautiful, sustainable, future-focused solutions for healthcare providers, science and technology organizations, higher education and cultural institutions, urban environments, diverse workplaces, mixed-use and waterfront developments, and parks and open spaces.
The Madison or Milwaukee office of SmithGroup is looking for a Senior Civil Engineer to join our team.
Working with us, you will:
- Serve as project civil engineer ensuring that the technical aspects of the project meet quality expectations while complementing the design intent.
- Collaborate with other civil engineers, site design professionals and permitting specialists as well as architects and building engineers.
- Serve as Project Manager on assigned projects.
- Produce civil engineering designs, including preparing project plans and specifications for waterfront, site development, or redevelopment of educational, medical, research, commercial and public facilities.
- Produce plans, details and specifications for all aspects of civil engineering including grading and drainage, stormwater management, underground utilities, retaining walls, roads and other site related features.
- Perform site reviews, construction site visits, coordinate all aspects of Construction Administration.
- Communicate with clients, sub-consultants, contractors, all government levels of regulatory agencies regarding engineering, permitting and site development issues.
- Mentor junior staff and participate in performance coaching.
- Participate in the recruitment and interviewing process as requested.