Arkansas Electric Cooperatives, Inc. (AECI) is an organization with a rich history and a bright future. As a leader in the energy industry we look to our employees to help us grow, change, and provide power to over 500,000 members of our 17 electric distribution cooperatives.
A Tree Trimmer & Saw Operator performs various duties related to right of way (ROW) clearing and re-clearing. We’re looking for someone who can safely cut, pile, spray, and dispose of trees and brush as necessary to maintain adequate ROW clearance for distribution and/or transmission power lines and who can drive and operate ROW vehicles and equipment. In this position, you will be given the opportunity to work alongside peers who are versatile, enthusiastic, and strive to push forward AECI’s mission.
· Performs various duties related to right of way clearing and re-clearing. Drives/operates ROW vehicles and equipment as necessary to safely and efficiently complete tasks and projects.
· Drives and operates ROW vehicles and equipment as necessary to safely and efficiently complete tasks and projects.
· Performs daily inspection and maintenance of chainsaws and safety equipment. Notifies Supervisor in the event of safety hazards.
· Performs right of way clearing duties, to include the following: bucket work, climbing work, ground clearing, cutting, chipping, piling, burning and other disposal of brush.
· Cuts danger trees and has the ability to rope and direct trees away from hazards; able to work in bucket truck with an operator helping trim or remove debris in order to provide adequate clearance.
· Inspects right of way in front of equipment to flag obstacles. (i.e.: phone pedestals, guy wire, water and gas meters, etc.).
· Climbs trees to trim or remove them in order to provide adequate clearance.
· Performs traffic control duties around work area as needed and abides by all state and federal D.O.T. and local regulations.
· Reports work related problems, material or supply needs and equipment to crew Foreman.
*As a condition of employment, this position requires a post – offer, pre-employment Fitness for Duty Exam.
· Must be able to pass DOT physical
· Valid driver's license
· Training specified in 29 CFR 1910.269(a)(1)(I)(E)
· Arkansas Commercial Applicator Technician
· Temporary Traffic Control Training
· 401(k) Retirement Plan
· Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
· 9 Paid holidays
· Educational assistance
· Paid time off
· Short-term disability
· Long-term disability
· Free & confidential Employee Assistance Program
Should you elect to apply for this position, AECC/AECI will review your qualifications. If after reviewing the qualifications and experience of all applicants, your skills and credentials meet our needs, someone from our organization may contact you. Please be advised that the time required to complete the applicant review process typically takes between 30 and 90 days, but could extend beyond that. Once the position has been filled, all applicants will be notified via email.
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation and Arkansas Electric Cooperatives, Inc. are Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other protected category.
About Arkansas Electric Cooperatives
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation (AECC) is an organization with a rich history and a bright future. As a leader in the energy industry we look to our employees to help us grow, change, and provide power to over 500,000 members of our 17 electric distribution cooperatives.