Multiple Academic Positions in The School of Aerospace, Mechanical and Mechatronic Engineering
· Join a growing Faculty and be part of a University that places among the worlds best teaching and research institutions
· Located in the heart of Sydney’s bustling inner west quarter, close to beaches, parks, public transport and shopping districts
· Seeking outstanding Academic’s to provide leadership and help create a world-class, internationally recognised Faculty for research and education excellence
About the opportunity
The School of Aerospace, Mechanical and Mechatronic Engineering at the University of Sydney is searching for faculty members at all ranks and in all areas of Aerospace, Mechanical and Mechatronic Engineering, with a preference for candidates in the following areas.
· Aerospace: We are seeking candidates with strong research experience in aerodynamics, avionics, smart structures, space engineering, flight dynamics, navigation and control, propulsion, rapid prototyping and unmanned aerial vehicles.
· Mechanical: We are seeking candidates with strong research experience in mechanical design, innovative manufacturing, sustainable and renewable energy, dynamics, micro-machines, combustion, micro-fluidics, thermo and fluid dynamics, and mechanism design.
· Materials: We are seeking candidates with strong research experience in additive manufacturing, energy materials, materials characterization, materials synthesis and nano-materials.
· Mechatronics: We are seeking candidates with strong research experience in robotics, intelligent systems, mechatronic system design, sensor development, advanced manufacturing, embedded systems, machine learning and micro-machines.
Successful candidates are expected to develop an independent research program, engage in collaborations within and outside the University, participate in both undergraduate and graduate teaching and curriculum development, and contribute to the administration of the School and the University.
Candidates should submit a CV, a research statement and a teaching statement, and the names and email addresses of three references (for lecturer and senior lecturer positions) and six references (for associate and full professor positions). The School seeks to increase the diversity of its faculty, and encourages women to apply.
Applications will be reviewed starting on November 15.
Term and Remuneration
Successful candidates will be offered a continuing (permanent) appointment, subject to the completion of a satisfactory probation and confirmation period for new appointees. A competitive remuneration and startup package will be negotiated dependent on level of appointment.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 7600 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
To learn more about the School of Aerospace, Mechanical and Mechatronic Engineering click here
For more information on the Head of School, Professor Stefan Williams, click here
How to apply
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 1741/0819C to apply.
Closing date: 11.30pm 01 December 2019 (Sydney Time)
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Additional Salary Information: Successful candidates will be offered a continuing (permanent) appointment, subject to the completion of a satisfactory probation and confirmation period for new appointees. A competitive remuneration and start-up package will be negotiated dependent on level of appointment.
Internal Number: HJL010036
About University of Sydney
Be part of something bigger
Our vibrant team of people are global leaders for good through their research and contribution to our community. Join us as we embark on the next stage in the dynamic life of the University of Sydney.
Leadership for good starts here
We offer flexible employment arrangements so you can maintain a healthy work/life balance.
We encourage innovation and excellence across the board. Every employee has the opportunity to participate in a performance development program that aligns with our core values.
We’ve created an inspiring working environment and are always looking for people who can both contribute and benefit from it.
So if you are passionate about what you do, and interested in what we do, search our current roles, or sign up for job alerts now.
Employer of choice
We're proud to be recognised as a silver employer of choice for the Australian Workplace Equality Index. Find out more about our work on diversity and inclusion.