This is comprised of enterprise software, hosted application management, data, FIX network and other services. Major components include portfolio management, performance measurement/attribution/risk, compliance, order and execution management, post-trade processing and investment book of records/position keeping.
The BDE will be required to educate prospects on our products and their advantages and to track potential upcoming sales opportunities. Once a sales lead is identified, the BDE turns the sales lead over to the Sales Manager in the territory and continues to work with them to assist in the remainder of the sales process as needed. The overall objective is to find a number of new sales leads per month and assist the Sales Manager with the sales follow up for the identified prospective client as reasonably requested.
Make targeted cold calls to prospective clients to ensure that any and all appropriate sales opportunities are identified and the company is involved in these sales processes. Build relationship with prospective customers and existing customers.
Assist in the initial sales process follow up such as RFP response preparation, sending product and corporate literature, etc.
Provide miscellaneous sales follow-on assistance to Sales Managers as needed with prospects identified by the BDE. Conduct research on clients and prospects in order to provide relevant data to externally facing sales staff, tracking and updating pipeline activity.
Participate in other direct marketing activities such as trade shows and conferences consultants and complementary software vendors to leverage sales opportunities through references and referrals.
1. Experience in a sales environment in financial services essential.
2. Must have experience with cold-calling and lead generation.
3. Knowledge of the financial technology industry and/or finance, capital markets, securities is preferred – financial wholesaling (selling mutual fund/financial products to institutions) experience highly desirable. Understanding of capital markets, investments products and general investment principles a plus.
4. Must have technical acumen to understand requirements and objections, articulate our advantages.
5. Experience selling managed services or solutions that include hosting, application management and data is preferred.
6. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
7. Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous priorities.
8. Self-motivated with the ability to operate independently and also has the strong desire to work as a member of a team.
9. Demonstrated practical, hands-on, "can-do" approach, and the ability to work efficiently and creatively.
10. Flexibility with schedule and ability to work beyond regular business hours.
11. Must have high energy and ability to diplomatically make a large number of outbound prospecting calls on a daily basis
12. Fluency in French and English is essential.
13. Understanding of big ticket enterprise-wide strategic selling in a highly competitive environment preferred
University degree preferably in a technology or finance discipline.
Excellent long term career prospects.
Internal Number: 6742313
About Riversdale Consulting
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.