Transmission utility hiring a journey line technician who has experience working with high voltage and has leadership characteristics.
Sunflower is a transmission and generation utility seeking a journey line technician with leadership characteristics who can share knowledge with and mentor less experienced apprentices. This individual must be able to work well in a team environment while also completing some tasks individually.
• Gain experience in an electric transmission utility to further your career.
• Enhance your communication skills by interacting with landowners and Members.
• Receive outstanding benefits including a company funded pension and low health insurance premiums.
• Provide support to provide reliable, affordable energy to people in central and western Kansas.
Inspect, maintain, and/or repair or replace equipment and/or associated transmission property to ensure the locations are safe for authorized staff.
• High school diploma and four years of line experience with increasingly responsible duties; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Completion of a recognized Line Technician Apprenticeship Program is preferred.
Sunflower Electric Power Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EEI Testing: We administer selection tests for a variety of positions. The required tests have been developed by the Edison Electric Institute (EEI), a trade association of investor-owned electric utility companies. We strongly encourage candidates to review all the information, including the sample test brochures, and to use the available practice tests before taking the actual tests, available here:
The username and password are both sunflower. Practice tests provide sample questions and detailed discussions of the correct answers. It's important to take the practice test as you would the actual one, with similar intensity and concentration. You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader on your computer.
Note: EEI does not allow access to the actual tests. Testing sessions are held at various locations.