Reports to: Head of Middle School
Status: Full-time, salaried, exempt position
Purpose: To provide an educational program for Middle School students. DUTIES:• Deliver a fully-developed Middle School Language and Literature curriculum.
• Implement the IB Middle Years Programme.
• Support and help to implement the St. Mary’s mission.
• Individual and/or small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of the student.
• Establish and maintain standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom within the limitations of class size and the resources provided.
• Evaluate each student’s academic and social growth and communicate with parents through a variety of means.
• Help identify student needs and collaborate with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students recognize health, attitude and learning problems.
• Maintaining professional competence through participation in education activities provided by the school and/or self-selected growth activities.
• Accurate accounting for student attendance.
• Other duties as required by the Head of Middle School and/or the Head of School.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:1. Bachelor’s degree in English from an accredited college or university.
2. Positive outlook and true love of children.
3. Committed to ongoing collaboration with colleagues, administrators, parents and students.
4. Outstanding interpersonal skills with a strong customer service focus (internal and external).
5. Strong written and oral communication skills with an ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders of the school.
6. Highly ethical team player.
7. High energy, self-starter with ability to successfully prioritize and multi-task in an atmosphere in which time sensitive deadlines are the norm, as are interruption.
8. Strong computer skills with a proficiency in MS office.