Good health care is key to a good life. At Banner Health, we understand that, and that's why we work hard every day to make a difference in people's lives. We've united under a common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. It's a lofty goal, but it's one we're committed to seeing through. Do you like the idea of making a positive change in people's lives - and your own? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you. Apply now.
TOCA at Banner Health is at the forefront of the Integrated Service Model. We are committed to continually improving our delivery of orthopedic care to meet the needs of our patients. Our Board-certified & Fellow-trained Physicians specialize in: Fracture Care, Joint Replacement, Sports Medicine, Physical Therapy, Hand Therapy, Digital X-Ray, MRI, Bracing & Orthotics, and more!! By utilizing the most innovative procedures and true state-of-the-art technology, our staff of general orthopedists and sub-specialists have earned a reputation for providing consistent specialized orthopedic care. TOCA's reputation is built on treating each patient's specific needs, which is one of reasons why we are the choice of primary care physicians and performance athletes throughout the Valley (Tempe, Scottsdale, Phoenix, and Glendale). We are also honored to be the official team physicians and orthopedic surgeons for Arizona State University.
TOCA at Banner strives to push boundaries, challenge the norm, and come up with ways to make health care easy for our patients and for our staff. The clinic is conveniently located in the Tempe area. If you are looking to be challenged, work with a large team that is focused on getting the absolute best results for patients, then TOCA at Banner Tempe is just the place to start or continue your journey in healthcare. As a Sr. Rehabilitation Aide, you will get to use your previous experience, positive energy, team attitude, and ability to prioritize patient needs to assist in managing the patients rehab process; including cleaning in between patients, bringing patients to the therapy space, and other duties as needed (under the direction of the therapist). Everyone at Banner contributes to our patients lives! Our team is like a family and we help one another, empower one another to make decisions, and encourage natural talents so each member can grow.
This role works out of the Tempe location. Shift: Mon-Friday 8a-5p (1 hour lunch)
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for providing assistance with patient care treatment under the supervision of the therapist, in accordance with physician referral, state and national organizational standards, regulatory agencies, and established departmental policies and procedures. This position demonstrates advanced clinical competence and knowledge necessary to assist with treatment appropriate to the age of the patients served.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Assist the therapist and assistant in providing patient care. Prepares the patient, treatment area and equipment for treatment. Anticipates therapist/assistant needs during treatment. Demonstrates understanding of fundamental treatment protocols. Performs components of patient treatment delegated by the supervising therapist as demonstrated by skill validation. Encourages patients to utilize learned strategies and ensures the safe practice of activities. Demonstrates understanding and follows treatment precautions. Takes a lead role in training staff on expectations when assisting with patient care.
2. Exhibits adaptability in assignments as it relates to caseload, scheduling, staffing shifts and other operational activities in the department. Demonstrates flexibility to adapt to various therapist styles and expectations. Demonstrates flexibility to adapt to various patient styles and expectations. Takes initiative to assist in other patient care areas (as position requires). Performs clerical and other non-clinical technician duties as assigned.
3. Communicates pertinent patient information to ensure the best possible follow through of care. Communicates any observed changes in patient condition and/or response to activity to supervising therapist, and other appropriate staff. Communicates in a clear and timely manner. Appropriately refers questions or concerns brought up by the patient, caregiver, or other healthcare providers to the therapist/assistant.
4. Self directed in completing daily responsibilities Demonstrates initiative in timely completion of assigned task. Readily accessible to therapist/assistant during scheduled hours. Seeks out opportunities for operational task during down time. Exhibits safe work habits and safety awareness.
5. Maintains an organized, clean environment. Maintains adequate levels of supplies. Follows policies when cleaning equipment. Follows guidelines for maintaining department equipment including cleaning logs. Takes a lead role in training new technician staff on ordering supplies and cleaning equipment.
6. May participate in charge entry and auditing processes. Enters charges and other department data accurately and efficiently. Identifies errors and takes responsibility to make corrections. Participates in orienting new technician/Aide staff on charge and data input procedures. In addition may attend facility/system committee meetings and/or follows up to obtain pertinent information. Participates in department/facility process improvement.
7. This position has responsibility for interacting with all levels of staff in a variety of departments, physicians, patients, families, and external contacts such as vendors.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Certification may be required in specific areas or preferred in all other areas. BLS certification required.
Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to follow established policies and treatment procedures
Graduate of a Therapy Technician Program or other comparable education program
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R6066
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.