CDI has a strong family-oriented culture with the drive to build stronger co-worker, client and local communities. Guided by the values of continuous learning and growth, first time quality, mutual trust and respect, ownership and responsiveness – CDI offers a spirited team atmosphere driving quality engineering and strong client relationships.
In addition to the needed technical skills to perform this job successfully, an individual should also demonstrate the following competencies: Strong Communication, Collaboration, Positive Attitude, Adaptability and Analytical Thinking.
· Design and management of treatment, wastewater collection, and water system conveyance facilities.
· Prepare grant applications, facility plans and coordinate with private and public stakeholders to secure project funding specifically for small and medium sized systems
· Ability to assist on water resources and resiliency aspects of multi-disciplinary projects for integrated water resources planning and watershed master planning
· Design improvements to wastewater treatment facilities to meet environmental regulations. These include wastewater lagoons, package plants, biological and mechanical treatment processes
· Mentor and develop engineering team members, specifically in environmental and wastewater engineering.
· Managing water, wastewater, and reclaimed water supply through planning, modeling and permitting
· Be a key point of contact with clients, contractors, and local government officials
· Work collaboratively with CDI managers, and other Project Engineers to develop effective solutions
· Bachelor's Degree in Civil/ Environmental Engineering from a four-year college or university; PE required
· 10+ years’ Experience
· Professional Engineer, licensed in Missouri with design experience with a focus on water resources
· Knowledge with preparation and review of Engineering Plans and Specifications to ensure that all aspects of project implementation are clearly conveyed
· Experience with hydrologic, hydraulic, and groundwater software
· Experienced in working with both governmental, and private clients in Missouri, Kentucky, and Illinois
· Proficiency in XPSWMM, WaterGEMS, SewerGEMS and WaterCAD
· Proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D
· Experience with HECRAS, HECHMS, PondPak, HY-8
· Experience with GeoPAK Drainage
About Civil Design, Inc.
A certified Woman Business Enterprise, Civil Design, Inc. is a civil engineering firm of 80+ team members committed to building stronger communities in the markets we serve. Areas of focus include site development, surveying, transportation, water resources, infrastructure & analytics, and structures. Civil Design Inc. is getting ready to celebrate it's 25th year in business and has offices in St. Louis, MO, Effingham, IL and Louisville, KY.