For over 25 years our team has used our software products and engineering procedures to create advanced analytics and model predictive control applications for customers worldwide. Our applications integrate with existing manufacturing systems to drive improvements in product quality, production capacity and energy usage. Our business is not dependent upon any one industry and our staff receives broad exposure to customers and processes in varied manufacturing environments. Currently we have significant business in food, polymers, biofuels, refining and minerals processing with many exciting developments to expand.
As an Advanced Process Control Engineer you will be at the heart of custom application delivery teams that use Rockwell Automation's advanced analytics and model predictive control products to create online applications to improve our customer's manufacturing processes. You will assess the customer's process, develop mathematical models that can be used to predict system behavior and configure online applications that use this knowledge to calculate process set points to dynamically control product quality, production capacity and energy usage. As part of our delivery team you will be responsible for the full technical implementation of the projects assigned to you from preliminary design through the completion of commissioning and customer acceptance. You will cover all aspects of the technical implementation including supporting hardware installation and system integration.
1. Delivery a. Perform technical project activities (design, system integration and installation, data analysis and modeling, application development, site installation, commissioning etc.) as assigned by the RTM (Regional Technical Manager). b. Identification to RTM of technical issues that impact project performance (scope creep, delays, requested change orders, etc.) c. Provide RTM with project information related to cost performance against plan, any performance guarantee status, etc. d. Support the RTM's documentation of best practices for use in the development of applications.
2. Support a. Provide product, engineering, and application support to support existing customers b. Perform periodical system and application health checks, performance analyses and develop reports to document findings and recommendations c. Follow up on recommendations to sustain and maximize the value our applications deliver to our customers
3. Sales a. Support Solution Consultant (a.k.a. Sales Engineer) market development activities as requested by RTM (Regional Technical Manager.) b. Participate in sales closure activities as requested by RTM.
4. Management a. Request/undertake professional development as required to remain billable/cost effective. b. Support the project staffing process to maximize overall delivery department margin.
5. Example Metrics a. Meet or exceed customer expectations as measured by customer satisfaction indices b. Project delivery on time, within budget and per contract scope c. Maintain or improve project or contract margin d. Maintain PQSW (Project, Quote, Sales, Warranty) utilization at or above target e. Maintain or achieve relevant industry certifications #LI-MW2 #jobs #nowhiring #ind123 #lifeatrok
Internal Number: 2718179
About Rockwell Automation
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth – and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.