Discover a POWERful career at Associated Electric! Our organization offers challenging and rewarding work with career development and internal mobility opportunities - all within a family friendly and community centric culture. Our purpose is simple - to provide safe, reliable and affordable energy for our member-owners. At Associated Electric, one of the largest electric cooperatives in the nation, opportunities to gain valuable experience and contribute new ideas in an ever-changing industry are endless.
Our Springfield, MO headquarters is seeking qualified applicants for a Planning Engineer in the Transmission Services Department of the Engineering & Operations Division. Principal activities include performing generation interconnections and transmission service related studies in compliance with NERC standards and AECI’s GI processes and transmission planning protocols. In addition, the Planning Engineer will be engaged in the administration of AECI’s Open Access Transmission Tariff. All experience levels will be considered.
What would you be doing?
· Evaluate, select and apply transmission planning techniques and criteria to generator interconnections and transmission service requests; recommend network upgrades
· Support the development of AECI Generation Interconnection Agreements from origination to implementation, tracking milestones and compliance
· Perform transmission studies as part of the Transmission Service Request (TSR) process
· Administer AECI’s participation in the Congestion Management Process (CMP) program and maintain AECI’s compliance with its Open Access Transmission Tariff (OATT)
· Be the subject matter expert and key contact in areas of transmission system design, seam issues and technical engineering matters
What are we looking for?
· Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline from an accredited school required; power emphasis preferred
· Minimum of 3 years of experience in the electric utility industry is preferred
· Solid understanding of transmission planning principles, NERC reliability standards, substation design, transmission line design and protective relaying
· Excellent communication and analytical skills, reading comprehension and writing abilities
AECI provides a competitive total compensation package including paid health care and dental premiums starting on day one with vision plans available. Basic life, short-term disability and long-term disability are paid for by AECI as well as a 401k with an employer match. Invest in yourself with our tuition reimbursement and enjoy time away with Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays. Wellness incentives and employee assistance programs are also available. Come join a team where your talents are appreciated, your voice is heard, and your work has an impact!
To apply for a position, please visit www.aeci.org/careers and complete your profile. You will be able to upload additional applicant documents (i.e. resume, cover letter) and apply for a position. AECI is fully committed to the concept and practice of equal opportunity and affirmative action in all aspects of employment. Please reference the contact information above if you require assistance in filling out an application. Individuals with disabilities should request reasonable accommodations in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act prior to an appointment