EMEA Compliance has established its own transformation programme ("the programme") and governance framework, sponsored by the EMEA Chief Compliance Officer and managed by the Chief Operating Office. The programme consists of approximately 10 projects, each with specific objectives and targets but with an acceptance that there are inter-relationships and dependencies between the projects, hence the establishment of an overarching programme to ensure appropriate governance, reporting and oversight.
The projects are highly sensitive and some subject to non-disclosure agreements but they all share the common objective of executing a transformation at country and regional level that will ultimately enable the Compliance function to provide the required 2nd Line of Defence services to Global Businesses in their capacity as the 1st Line of Defence.
· Employs an improvement mindset to identify and define issues or problems that are less obvious; participates actively and constructively in brainstorming meetings where problems are discussed and/or resolved
· Brings structure and order to undefined problems and/or large scale problems, making them easier to address and solve
· Uses systemic thinking and creativity in devising solution options
· Evaluates relative costs, benefits and obstacles of potential solutions before implementing
· Articulates or translates complex information in clear, meaningful and structured way to suit audience
· Understands the Group's priorities, business drivers, competitors and competitive strategy to help drive strategically aligned solutions, considering aspects of risk/reward.
· Questions small-scale business decisions that do not demonstrate alignment to the Group's commercial strategy
· Anticipates issues and risks and acts to mitigate these quickly; handles any unforeseen roadblocks swiftly and effectively thinks ahead to identify potential risks to service or performance and deals with them proactively; effectively manages review processes to identify quality issues early
Capability and People Development
Promotes pace and energy within the team and leads by example
Understands differences between people as an opportunity to learn from varied viewpoints
Gains a clear understanding of others' point of view by listening, asking clarifying questions and reflecting back; encourages and facilitates open and honest debate with tact and integrity, even where sensitive issues are involved
Supports others design efforts where they have relevant experience and operates in a collaborative manner
Builds professional relationships and networks with people in or outside the team as part of day-to-day work
Seeks opportunities to work collaboratively across boundaries (e.g. with different teams, geographies, cultures etc.)
Strong understanding of banking / HSBC and understanding of how change drives benefits for HSBC, its customers and other stakeholders
Very strong knowledge of the external environment - regulatory, political, competitors etc.
Understanding of the delivery organisations within HSBC - global mindset, understanding of delivery partners etc
Business analysis, requirements gathering and design techniques
Knowledge of financial forecasting and analysis (desirable)
Proven track record as an outstanding analyst, consultant and/or project manager
Overall financial services industry knowledge with specific functional expertise
Experience of organizational transformation including HR processes
Extensive experience gathering requirements and conducting design activity, with a mix of business, operations and technology focused projects
Strong experience of delivering change into different audiences and managing implementation in banking environments (branch, contact centre, trading floor, operations, head office etc).
Effective communication, inter-personal and negotiating skills
Sound judgemental skills to identify and resolve problems
Proven ability to work across regions whilst maintaining a global perspective
Proven ability to work with senior stakeholders and business sponsors
Business Analysis & Design
Delivery at Pace
Change and Implementation Management
Problem Solving and Critical Thinking
Qualifications and Accreditations
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
Degree in Business Information Systems or a related field
Degree in business administration / management / economics, engineering and science