**To be considered one must apply through our employment website at www.xrds.org/page/about/employment click on the apply link in the job and upload your resume.
Crossroads is a vibrant, relationship-based school with a founding commitment to the “greater community.” Started in 1971 and taking inspiration from the civil rights, anti-war and feminist movements, Crossroads was founded to be not just a school, but also a movement for positive social change in the world. This ambitious charge is part of the very DNA of Crossroads. Not only do our students engage in meaningful service learning and community service projects, but Crossroads as an institution considers serving the greater community a cornerstone of our mission.
This Administrative Assistant position is the key on-site staff member for the Crossroads Athletics Department. The Assistant provides administrative support to the Director of Athletics and others (such as the Assistant Athletics Director, MS/US PE faculty, and coaching staff) as assigned. They act as a liaison to faculty, staff, students, parents, members of the “Friends of Athletics”, alumni, and the greater Crossroads community.
While the position requires such routine but vital administrative work as budget and expense tracking, contract administration for rented athletics facilities, and scheduling, it also provides a great opportunity to develop and refine communication skills via social media and newsletters. The “Roadrunner Report” is a weekly publication, compiled from the submissions of coaches after events, including photos and student athlete information; this position can take the lead in its organization in collaboration with others. The incumbent will work closely with the Athletics Director to manage twitter feeds and Instagram postings, and with the Communications staff regarding the School website.
The successful Athletics Administrative Assistant will be a high-energy, flexible and upbeat team member, with an always-positive perspective despite the hectic activity that any day may bring. Worth noting is that while the Director and Assistant Director of Athletics are full-time employees, most coaching staff are not. Coaches will often have a very short window of time before practices or games to get things done and will count on the Athletics Administrative Assistant in various ways. The Administrative Assistant is expected to assist coaches promptly and willingly.
Particularly important to the position is the ability to maintain confidential information. The Assistant may become aware of a student’s grades, health concerns, and perhaps issues with respect to their friends and family. It is imperative that he/she maintains the strictest confidence (except in emergency situations) as it relates to these matters and other issues as they become known.
In addition, the Athletics Administrative Assistant is likely the first person a parent, coach or other VIP meets when visiting the Athletics Department. It is imperative that they make a positive first impression and demonstrate a strong commitment to excellent customer service.
Essential Job Functions:
· Assists the athletic director in planning and tracking the Athletics Department budget
· Completes or circulates purchase orders, check requests and contracts for signature for both Athletics and PE expenditures
· Completes Personnel Action Forms for new, changed or terminated employment of coaches
· Assists the Athletics Director and trainers with athlete eligibility forms
· Maintains the Athletics Department master schedule of all home and away events, coordinating with Crossroads’ master calendar and website.
Specific tasks may include, but are not limited to:
· Assisting training staff with medical clearance forms for the athletes
· Assisting coaching staff with coordinating road trips, including transportation, hotel reservations, meals, etc.
· Providing support to the athletic director and coaching staff during tournaments, including timely submission of tournament entry fees and paperwork
· Scheduling game officials and ensuring they are paid on time
· Assisting the Athletics Director and coaching staff with reporting event scores-CIFHOME
· Assisting the Athletics Director and coaching staff with the completion of required entry forms and associate fees
· Assisting the Athletics Director with maintaining the Athletic Department’s pages on the Crossroads School Website including, posting team rosters, revising schedules, etc.
· Assisting the coaching staff with allocation of uniforms and equipment before the season, and the inventory of the same at the conclusion of each season
· Ordering academic awards and varsity letters
· Attending all department meetings
· Assisting the athletic director by attending and keeping written records of meetings
Qualifications or Skills Required:
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (primarily Word and Excel)
· Trustworthy – able to maintain confidential information as appropriate, for example academic and health records, personal family information, etc.
· Strong organizational skills – the ability to balance multiple projects
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Able to work in a complex team-oriented environment in order to accomplish department goals and objectives
· A willingness to help others in the department and throughout the School as necessary
· Maintain a “solution-oriented” attitude when faced with challenges
· Able to follow and complete detailed oral and written instructions within specified timeframes
· Able to perform assigned duties with speed and accuracy
Qualifications or Skills Preferred:
· Experience working in an athletics department or related setting or a high-demand office environment
· Familiarity with the “language of sports”
One of Crossroads School’s founding commitments is to developing a socially, economically and racially diverse student body. We are equally committed to a supporting a vibrant and diverse workforce. Crossroads is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, gender or gender identity, age or sexual orientation. People of color, women and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.