Severn School seeks a Director of Enrollment and Outreach who will lead all aspects of admissions, retention, and financial aid. The Director provides strategic direction for a PS – 12 school of 850+ students, sets policy for enrollment management and financial aid, supports the School's mission and leads all of the School's efforts to attract, enroll, and retain a diverse and dynamic student population. The Director is a member of the Executive Administration and reports to the Head of School.
An ideal candidate: • Will have significant experience in admissions, financial aid, and communications/marketing.
• Should possess strong organizational and communication skills.
• Has a genuine affection for and knowledge about children and adolescents.
• Has a generosity of spirit that will cultivate respect among and support for students, colleagues and parents.
• Is a team player who has a warm, collaborative nature, positive energy, and sense of humor.
• Has excellent presentation and public speaking skills.
• Has an understanding of and appreciation for independent school education.
• Participates fully in daily life of the School.
Responsibilities: • Lead and manage a staff of 7 professionals including 2 Associate Admissions Directors, 2 support staff, Director and Assistant Director of Communication, Director of Summer Programs.
• Manage all aspects of the admissions process: o Coordinate on-campus visits including interviews, assessments, and accepted student programs. o Lead the entire application review process, including assigning and training committee members. o Represent the admissions office and the School at public events, on and off campus. o Maintain statistical and trend data related to admissions and enrollment. o Work closely with division heads on issues relating to admissions, student life, and retention.
• Administer Severn’s $3+ million financial aid program and work with the Director of Business and Finance and Head of School on financial aid decisions.
• Oversee communications and marketing efforts of the School and summer programs.
• Attend all Board of Trustee meetings.
Internal Number: 999
About Severn School
Severn School challenges its students to pursue excellence in character, conduct, and scholarship, to marshal the courage to lead, and to develop the lasting desire to serve and achieve. We believe this is best realized in a community where adults model these qualities and where each student is known and valued.