A career at T. Rowe Price says you want to contribute and make a difference at a leading global investment management firm where success results from the dedication our associates have in building success for our clients. We are a growing organization of associates from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We take a long-term view on associates and their careers. Our associates do phenomenal work with purpose, and as a result, we provide growth opportunities through in-person and online training, management development programs, and career development on the job. If you are seeking a meaningful work experience along with a workplace culture that thrives on teamwork, we invite you to explore the opportunity to join us.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join a strategically important global effort within T. Rowe Price. Candidates that are excited by the prospect of blending client objectives, investment and quantitative research, and T. Rowe Price investment capabilities to create customized analyses for delivery to institutional investors will be rewarded. The Multi-Asset Solutions Analyst will join the Multi-Asset investment team that is engaged in the creation and delivery of off-the-shelf and customized analyses to institutional clients and prospects across all T. Rowe Price regions. These analyses will take many forms, including:
Asset allocation optimizations utilizing T. Rowe Price strategies
Competitor and median manager analysis
Creation of customized fixed income, equity and/or multi-asset strategies
Responses to client specific questions related to a wide range of topics, including but not limited to currency hedging, investment manager structure, and retirement plan design
Development of new products and investment frameworks
Asset/liability and spending studies for institutional investors
The Analyst will collaborate with other Multi-Asset team colleagues (strategists, quantitative researchers, portfolio managers, etc.), investors in other divisions, and members of distribution teams. The nature of the work will vary, as the team supports Multi-Asset strategists located in North America, Asia and Europe who engage with a wide range of clients and prospects in their respective regions. The ability to manage multiple projects (e.g., multi-task), collaborate with colleagues, engage with internal investment and distribution staff, interact with clients and prospects in connection with the identification, research and development of investment solutions, and support the creation and delivery of analyses and proposals to institutional investors is critical to the successful execution of the role. The Analyst should seek to develop a broad knowledge of the global investment landscape along with the quantitative techniques and tools necessary for comprehensive analysis.
1. Perform a wide range of activities in support of the creation of customized materials that in general address the opportunities/options available to investors for realizing specific investment objectives. These activities will include financial, quantitative and statistical analysis of asset classes; portfolio optimization; risk and scenario analysis; other research that would contribute to the creation of comprehensive and original materials.
2. Collaborate with quantitative research and analysis teams within the Equity, Fixed Income, and Multi-Asset Divisions. Develop a deep knowledge of the quantitative resources within these teams and apply them (as appropriate) when developing customized multi-asset solutions.
3. Engage with internal stakeholders and external markets (clients, prospects, consultants) in the research process, as well as in the development of investment solutions. Approach consultative engagements with curiosity, energy and a desire for thoroughness and excellence.
4. Maintain in-depth knowledge of investment solutions that encompass Multi-Asset, Fixed Income and Equity investment strategies. Attend investment meetings, read research reports, utilize information services, etc. to maintain a knowledge base required to successfully represent the capabilities of T. Rowe Price and the strategic initiatives of Multi-Asset Solutions.
5. Support the servicing of relationships via close interaction with a wide range of T. Rowe Price staff, including portfolio managers, portfolio specialists, relationship associates, operations staff, and other staff responsible for producing and delivering content to internal and external audiences.
6. Build close partnerships with key internal staff, most notably quantitative team members across Equities, Fixed Income and Multi-Asset. Support Multi-Asset Solutions strategy education to internal staff in one-on-one or group settings as appropriate.
A minimum requirement of an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution in a quantitative discipline (e.g., Finance, Economics, Engineering, Math, Physics)
A minimum of 3 years work experience, preferably in a quantitative analysis or actuarial/investment consulting role
Preference for candidates possessing, working toward, or a desire to commence an MBA and/or the CFA program
Experience programming in Matlab, Python, or R (preference for experience with multiple) and SQL; advanced knowledge of Excel
Must have a passion for the investment business with an understanding of investment concepts and a working knowledge of investment strategies and tactics
Strong analytical and problem solving skills; experience working with large data sets
Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to present complex concepts to a wide range of audiences in a consultative, solutions-focused manner
Ability to interact well with portfolio managers, portfolio specialists, quantitative analysts, distribution and client service professionals, and institutional clients and consultants
Energized by the opportunity to represent a strategically important global initiative
Highly motivated self-starter
Possess a high level of personal integrity and a passion for achieving competitive results
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.