Area: Our mission is to deliver value to our customers by engineering advanced analytics applications that improve product quality, production capacity and energy usage. Our applications are built by team members with a unique blend of plant experience, control, process and systems engineering. Our toolkit relies on predictive analytics and model-predictive control calculations that use equations and artificial neural networks along with solvers to optimize future setpoints to reject disturbances and improve performance. We have a complete and tested application framework with hundreds of applications in the field.
Role: You will manage scope, costs and schedules of projects that use Rockwell Automation's model predictive control and other advanced analytics products to improve our customer's manufacturing processes. You will be responsible for coordinating scope documentation and cost estimates, managing customer expectations, ensuring that project deliverables are completed accurately and for project metrics such margin and customer satisfaction.
Next to project management activities, the successful application will devote time to facilitating and finalizing new proposals and planning. (In non-COVID times) 10-15% travel (3 days door-to-door) is typical. We are working from home essentially 100% of the time due to COVID quarantines.
The ability to work with and direct highly educated and experienced team members implementing world-class analytics applications is required. Some international exposure with opportunities for growth.
a. Support SC (Solution Consultant) market development activities.
b. Support RTM (Regional Technical Manager) review and approval of technical components in draft scopes written by SC from template.
c. Suggest and edit scope templates for the template library, based on project lessons learned.
d. Review/edit/approve draft scopes (written by SC from template and edited/approved by RTM) to ensure projects being proposed can be managed effectively.
e. Prepare Rockwell PGR (project gate review, an opportunity economics summary) spreadsheets as per approved scope documents, engineering estimates, risk analyses, costs and pricing policies.
f. Attach approved scope and PGR forms to ProMS (proposal management system) records upon completion of scope, estimation and pricing process.
g. Participate in sales closure activities as requested by RDM (Regional Delivery Manager) and sales.
a. Support the RTM in the technical delivery of projects (e.g. communicate staff performance and impacts, quantify cost estimates, etc.) including direct engineering of project deliverables if feasible.
b. Perform project administrative activities (scope, risk, cost and schedule management, cost plant setup and upkeep, cost and revenue forecasting, closure of projects in project information management systems, product fulfillment and project invoicing, etc.)
c. Use company standard templates for all customer directed communication and/or tracking instruments.
d. Manage projects to planned margin, including identification, development and negotiation of change orders as required.
e. Escalate customer issues to RDM as required to ensure customer satisfaction and to overcome obstacles.
f. Identification engineering issues to RTM that impact project performance (inefficiencies, communication errors, staff availability, etc.)
g. Set up and purchase contract and intercompany (other RA country staff) labor, as agreed with RTM and RDM.
h. Participate in recurring financial and management reviews of projects including review of reported data, cost performance against plan, any performance guaranty status, etc.
i. Drive completion stage gate reviews, including sales and post-partum "lessons learned" documentation.
a. Support the RTM in the project staffing process to maximize overall delivery department margin.
b. Support the RDM in the assignment of projects to PM to maximize overall delivery department margin.
c. Review performance of contract and intercompany labor to ensure quality and cost effectiveness.
a. Meet or exceed customer expectations as measured by customer satisfaction indices
b. Deliver projects on time, within budget and per contract scope
c. Maintain PQSW (Project, Quote, Sales, Warranty) utilization of 85% or greater on working days (net time off.)
d. Maintain or achieve relevant industry certifications such as PMP
* Fluent in English: reading, writing, and speaking
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in engineering or international equivalent
* Five years of direct project management experience
* Some manufacturing experience and a working knowledge of industrial control systems, systems integration and process instrumentation
* Willing and able to travel and work up to 20% of the time, post-COVID
* Willing and able to comply with customer-specific safety or background requirements from time-to-time
* Willing and able to work overtime, including weekends and holidays on occasion, to meet project commitments
* Have strong computer and office application skills
* Experience as a consultant or project manager with external customers: scope control, acceptance and payment
* Interest in advanced analytics and their intersection with industrial automation and control
* Previous knowledge or experience with model-predictive control or closed-loop optimization
* Sales experience including business case development
* Experience in process industries such as refining, chemicals, cement, mining and/or food and beverages.
* Experience with instrumentation, automation and control engineering
* Experience with Rockwell Automation products or project management systems
* Languages other than English
Internal Number: R21-4964
About Rockwell Automation
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth – and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.