Help conduct the smooth operation of a fast-paced-and friendly-financial planning office. Work as an employee of an independent advisor franchisee with a financial advisory practice of Ameriprise Financial. Assist in daily business operations.
This position completes tasks which allow the advisor to focus more time and energy on client acquisition and deepening client relationships. The administrative assistant supports the many different tasks for which the practice is responsible and ties directly to the overall business plan of the practice. The administrative assistant allows the advisor the assurance he/she needs to know that his/her practice is being maintained and supported within Ameriprise Financial guidelines.
This role provides administrative support by scheduling meetings, preparing presentations, preparing client communications and tracking new business correspondence. This role is responsible for responding to ad hoc requests, coordinating/tracking projects and managing business-as-usual projects such as filing, copying, researching printer problems, and organizing the logistics of a client seminar.
Virtual initial interview option available
Flexible hours (i.e. four day work week)
Paid time off
Responsibilities and Time Allocation - Will change over time to meet the needs of the practice and can include other duties as assigned by the advisor.
70% Administrative Assistance
- Manage the advisor's calendar and email.
- Prepare correspondence for advisor signature/e-signature.
- Prepare and process client applications.
- Copy/scan and track all client and practice materials including business correspondence.
- Copy/scan and follow-up with home office on related issues.
- Schedule client appointments and prepare agendas s for appointments.
- Complete and track post-meeting tasks and transactions.
- Conduct client appointment reminder calls and check-in calls on follow up items.
- Edit and send client appointment confirmation emails/letters.
- Assist the planning assistants, associate financial advisors and advisors.
- Perform other allowable duties as assigned by the financial advisors.
30% Client care
- Greet clients upon arrival and extend hospitality to clients.
- Answer/route incoming calls and perform problem-solving for client issues.
- Set up and maintain client management system.
- Type notes or letters to clients on personal letterhead of administrative nature only and administer client appreciation.
- Document client contacts/calls.
- Track client special events and make appropriate contact per established client contact model.
Education and Experience: - College degree. - Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. - Experienced in electronic file organization (Windows Explorer, Box). - Experienced in learning/using company software programs. - Experienced in Salesforce client contact management system - Experienced in Microsoft Teams - Financial planning industry experience desired.