JOB SUMMARY: Supports customer use of electronic health record and other technology and associated workflows, including troubleshooting when issues arise, under occasional guidance. Educates customers on use of sound informatics principles, including but not limited to problem shaping, design requirements, change management, etc.
Serves as a liaison between end user customers and Information Technology team. Seeks guideance occasionally regarding appropriate resources.
Collects data and information pertinent to the situation and uses effective communication to define issues and problems. Identifies key stakeholders.
Utilizes current evidences based nursing knowledge, including research findings to guide practice.
Supports area-specific workflows. Coaches customers thru processes to troubleshoot and resolve technological issues in collaboration with other teams as appropriate.
Assists with improvements in workflows and processes with technology components through workflow gap analysis, current state and future state planning.
Assists with submission of IT enhancement requests and guiding those requests through the process on behalf of customers.
Works on projects and work groups. May lead small area based projects with oversight from manager or director.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE (NOVICE): - Understands the product in relation to other company products. Has general knowledge of the competition for the product in the marketplace. Understands the product life cycle from development through sales and customer support. Can describe product features and benefits using key product terminology.
PROBLEM MANAGEMENT (NOVICE): - Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate knowledge of Incident Tracking and Problem Reporting in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Writes problem reports that contain all of the necessary information for clear, non-antagonistic communication to those responsible for fixing problems. Can effectively explain how to reproduce and analyze errors, as well as identify the type of error including coding, design issue and hardware. Makes simple suggestions for correction.
CHANGE MANAGEMENT CONCEPTS (NOVICE): - Demonstrates the ability to implement changes. Has basic understanding of the people process and technology side of change. Has worked closely with knowledgeable users and customers in meeting their business needs. Critically evaluates the customer implications of technological changes.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT - (NOVICE): - Demonstrates the ability to reliably and responsibly take action or mobilize resources to solve problems or unexpected issues. Addressed staffing and resource requirements, matching skills with project needs. Has developed estimates, established deadlines and delegated tasks for a project. Has monitored costs and completion dates and has participated in obtaining sign-offs on such a project. Recognizes incipient problems and communicates them to management. Has obtained status from personnel, prepared a comprehensive status report and kept management informed as to progress. Demonstrates effective time management techniques.
Organizational Impact: Executes job responsibilities with the understanding of how output would affect and impact other areas related to own job area/team with occasional guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Analyzes moderately complex problems using technical experience and judgment.
Breadth of Knowledge: Has expanded knowledge gained through experience within a professional area.
Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance and support to team members.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P2):
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P2):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P2):
- Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P2):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P2):
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period. Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As t...he largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.