McKesson requires new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as defined by the CDC, subject to applicable, verified accommodation requests.
McKesson's Medical Surgical is seeking a Regional Operations Vice President (ROVP) Southeast Region to oversee operations processes, initiatives, and logistics for a geographical region of Medical-Surgical Distribution Centers. The ROVP will provide leadership support to each of the distribution center management teams and to the regional operations manager. The ROVP will drive operations excellence, regulatory compliance, and tactical execution of all aspects of distribution within the region. Driving performance and efficiency within the region while creating a highly engaged workforce will be a key responsibility of this role.
1. Responsible for the execution of strategic and tactical warehouse operations within the region. Develops and implements all operational policies, goals, performance standards/metrics, and budgets. Partners with various departments in a matrix environment such as: Sales, Materials Management, Transportation, Corporate Operations, and Human Resources to ensure alignment and success of all distribution centers in the region.
2. Provides leadership and coaching to each distribution center leader and their extended management teams on site. Coordinates with VP, Field Operations on setting strategy for the region and ensures successful implementation. Partners with colleagues and corporate resources to ensure successful implementation of operational initiatives such as Warehouse Management System and Workforce Management System within their region.
3. Leads operational and continuous improvement initiatives in the region. Provides advice and recommendations on operations changes needed to drive efficiencies throughout the region including partnering with the Network Design team to assist with new automation initiatives.
4. Encourages a highly engaged workforce and celebrates diverse and inclusive mindsets. Demonstrates and drives strong I2Care (Integrity + Inclusion, Customer-First, Accountability, Respect, Excellence) and ILEAD (Inspire, Leverage, Execute, Advance, Develop) behaviors across the region. Evaluates talent within the region and determines developmental opportunities for employees within the region in support of succession planning and business growth.
5. Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements to ensure no operations disruptions occur as they would impact our customers' ability to order and receive needed supplies.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
Demonstrated leadership experience and knowledge of distribution operations preferred
Background and experience with JD Edwards E-1 Distribution Center Software and RF based warehouse management systems
Previous Labor Management System / Workforce Management System experience
Experience in developing and successfully implementing both safety and quality management programs
Effectively navigates through complex situations, both internal and external, that may require multiple decision makers.
Results orientation; proven track record of executing with excellence and exceeding goals.
Demonstrated ability to influence and collaborate across multiple levels of an organization.
Project management experience with a demonstrated ability to lead projects and/or handle large, complex processes.
Solid business acumen with the ability to work swiftly in a matrix organization.
Effective communicator with internal and external executives.
Additional Knowledge & Skills
Financial and business acumen to include knowledge of key financial statements drivers and levers.
Develops, implements, and maintains an effective regional strategy by taking knowledgeable risk, knows re-engineering processes that support the customer and cost structure and drives quality processes that lead to continuous improvements.
Ability to articulate long term strategy/vision while also focusing on the necessary daily tactical activities.
Knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma operating methodology. Six Sigma Green/Black Belt or Lean certificate a plus.
Demonstrates extremely high sense of urgency, personal energy/desire to win, and stamina.
Capable of handling multiple priorities and extensive time demands
High level of personal integrity.
Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Minimum Requirements 15+ years operational experience including 10+ years managerial experience
Education 4 year degree or equivalent experience
Physical Requirements Must be willing to travel within the region a minimum of 50-75% of the time .
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to McKessonTalentAcquisition@mckesson.com . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
We deliver careers with purpose and potential. Our focus on better health starts with creating an inclusive environment with strong values where you can build a fulfilling career. You can count on us to provide you with resources and opportunities to grow and be your best, while contributing to our pursuit of improving lives. Every day, McKesson’s employees deliver products to healthcare providers that make a difference in the care and life of a patient. We work to distribute medical supplies, bandages, syringes, vials of flu vaccine, and pharmaceutical drugs to help real patients like Jack, an eight-year-old boy battling cancer. We take that job seriously. Together, the work we do is shaping the future of healthcare. If you are passionate about combining a meaningful career with a balanced life, join us on this journey and apply for a job with McKesson today. Every day, McKesson’s employees deliver products to healthcare providers that make a difference in the care and life of a patient.