The Senior Administrative Assistant performs clerical and administrative support, contributes towards tenant interface initiatives, and assists the regional office with special projects. Specifically, the job includes assisting the SVP Property Management, as well as the property management team in the regional office. Support functions include preparing general word processing, filing, scheduling, and answering phones.
1) General Administration: (50% of Time)
- Greets visitors and courteously handles incoming calls by transferring to appropriate persons, taking accurate messages, and resolving problems or requests.
- Schedules and organizes activities for SVP Property Management such as meetings, travel, and conferences.
- Maintains the appearance of the regional office and assists in hosting visitors.
- Maintains the regional office’s IT and Telecom contracts and products and assists with any issues in the region associated with the network, printers, scanners, cell phones, etc.
- Organizes broker meetings and employee events.
- Provides SVP Property Management budget reports, tracking sheets, and training materials as requested.
- Creates meeting agendas and minutes on a local, regional, and national level.
- Assists Property Management team with special projects, including vendor management, training presentations, and tenant or internal communications.
- Researches market data and prepares notes for SVP Property Management.
2) Accounts Receivables and Payables: (10% of Time)
- Codes regional invoices for payment.
- Creates and processes all expense reports for the SVP Property Management.
- Reviews and routes expense reports from Midwest region and all direct reports for SVP Property Management approval.
- Prepares record keeping including invoice payment, check requests, expense reports, and corporate credit card expense documents.
3) Vendor Management: (30% of Time)
- Reviews vendor contracts prior to signature by SVP Property Management and routes to appropriate internal and external parties.
- Corresponds with Property Management team regarding issues or changes required on contracts.
- Assists with updating the Vendor Management Policy and acts as a resource for questions regarding the policy.
- Acts as final reviewer for the close out of Construction Management files and provides Construction Management fee invoices when appropriate.
4) Tenant Relations: (10% of Time)
- Consolidates any tenant survey information into a summary report for regional management.
- Reports tenant related issues to management as necessary.
- Assists with tenant gifts and special events.
Two or four year degree or equivalent work experience required.
Two to five years’ experience in a similar environment or position required.
High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and aptitude for learning software applications used for accounting, budgeting, and tenant work orders.
Must excel in supporting senior management in written and phone communications.
Must have strong interpersonal and customer service skills, as well as the ability to interact with all levels of employees and tenants using poise and tact.
Must have a strong work ethic, a high energy level, and the ability to manage multiple tasks requiring attention to detail.
Must be able to professionally handle confidential information.
Basic knowledge of accounting and familiarity with real estate terminology is helpful.
Requires frequent movement and the ability to inspect all areas of the property including the roof and basement. Must be able to stand, sit, or walk for extended periods to greet tenants and vendors.
- Routine physical presence is required at the office to provide general support and backup to co-workers and meet service needs of tenants.
-Routine travel is not required for the position. Requires annual travel for two to three days to attend company-wide meeting.
Piedmont Office Realty Trust, Inc. (NYSE: PDM), a self-administered and self-managed real estate investment trust (REIT), is one of the nation’s largest publicly-traded owners of Class A office properties. Piedmont is focused on creating value for its shareholders through the acquisition, development, ownership and progressive management of premier properties in each of its target markets: Atlanta, Boston, Dallas, Minneapolis, New York , Orlando, and Washington D.C.