The Energy Analyst is the primary data, analytics & reporting support for the Energy & Sustainability program leader. This role delivers actionable insights from environmental and utility data and assists in the deployment and management of a comprehensive energy & sustainability program. This includes analysis from a variety of Client driven programs. These initiatives and results could come from Energy Engineering projects, Utility source use and cost data, carbon reporting, and coordination with other Account and Platform Teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Collect and analyze monthly electricity, water/sewer and natural gas/oil usage data with commentary on actual usage versus expected usage, coordinate with appropriate stakeholders to explain meaningful variances.
* Manage Energy Star Portfolio Manager (ESPM), ensure data is up to date and accurate.
* Review data and validate energy savings resulting from operational programs which curtail energy consumption.
* Compare collected data against industry benchmarks and prepare reports of findings.
* Lead the analysis of various informational outputs from partner systems, internal program components and system tools.
* Coordinate energy and sustainability initiatives, monitor compliance, analyze and communicate externally facing reporting.
* Draft occupant communications for periodic distribution that suggest ways business units and employees can participate to contain energy consumption and costs.
* Review non-telecom utility bills (i.e., electricity, natural gas, oil and municipal water and sewer) for accuracy and verify that they are in compliance with the associated rates and tariffs.
* Prepare and analyze monthly utility data and review with Energy Manager to validate normalized savings, develop exception reports for senior management, explanation of potential variances due to awareness program, and year-over-year trends
* Work closely with Energy Manager and on-site staff in all levels of organization
* Work and coordinate with CBRE energy platform to enhance current service offering
With broader and deeper capabilities than any other company, CBRE is the leading full-service real estate services and investment organization in the world.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2017 revenues of $14.2 billion and more than 80,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included in the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #214 in 2017. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 17 consecutive years, and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” in the real estate sector for six years in a row. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “CBRE.”
CBRE offers a broad range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services.