Stryker is driven to work together with our customers to make healthcare better. In order to fulfill our commitment as a federal contractor, while focusing on the health and safety of our employees and those that we serve, COVID-19 vaccines will be required for all Stryker US employees effective January 4, 2022, as well as all new US employees joining our company. Fully vaccinated persons are those who are >=14 days post-completion of the primary series of an FDA-authorized COVID-19 vaccine. If you are applying to a sales and field role which requires access to customer accounts as a function of your job, you may be required, depending on customer requirements, to obtain the COVID-19 vaccination before the January 4 effective date of Stryker's vaccine policy. For more information, please visit our COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements FAQs page.
Why join Stryker?
We are proud to be named one the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Our benefits include bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.
The IT Technical Solution Lead is responsible for the Sales product solutions and functional design, providing leadership and coordination of processes across both IT and business stakeholders. The Technical Solution Lead will participate in design, configuration, build, test, and deployment activities for Stryker's Sales application stack. Working with business analysts, the Lead will interact with Sales business stakeholders to elicit and analyze requirements, with the end purpose of enabling innovative strategic solutions that address the business needs. This position plays a key role in coordinating communication across various business groups, IT technical teams, business analysts, Enterprise Architecture, and vendors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Works with a diverse business community and GIO Business Analysts to document as-is and to-be business processes.
Partners with Business Analysts and Solution Architects in understanding business requirements and translating those into technical solutions within Stryker's Sales application stack.
Supports and participates in the definition and prioritization of quality requirements from all solution stakeholders.
Facilitates clear and open communication between business stakeholders and IT technical teams.
Participates in technical design, prototypes/mockups, QA/testing, and delivery of solutions for new projects and/or release cycles.
Identifies opportunities to improve system process flows, performance, and technical efficiencies (i.e. solution template reuse).
Oversees and reviews designs and solutions for compliance with solution architecture, enterprise architecture and domain guidance.
Ensures alignment of any proposed solution with the internal architecture of Stryker's Sales application stack through a thorough understanding of the overall design and architecture of the platform.
Supports delivery of the correct technology solution to enable Sales business processes following EA guidance.
Enables developers and technical resources to contribute to a coherent solution architecture.
Defines and documents interfaces between components and solutions guided by common business, domain and enterprise schema standards.
Authors both system and technical documentation.
Develops and builds robust collaboration with infrastructure, middleware, security, governance, and service delivery as needed
Supports solution life cycle planning in the Sales application stack.
Keeps abreast of new and updated technologies, methods and products in the Sales area.
Performs all build activities following Stryker's Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) framework and processes
Education and Special Training:
· Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university in the areas of Computer science, Engineering, Information Systems, Business, or equivalent field of study required.
Certification in Salesforce.com, Oracle CPQ and/or similar processes highly recommended.
Qualifications & experience:
· Minimum 4+ years of relevant experience required
· Experience in leading teams of resources for projects, minimum 2 years
· Experience and demonstrated understanding of global system rollouts - strategy, planning, vendor selection and implementation planning.
· Salesforce.com, Oracle CPQ configuration and/or process knowledge is required
· Knowledge of and ability to drive IS methodologies such as ITIL, Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and Agile Development is preferred
· Ability to analyze business situations
· Excellent organizational/communication skills and attention to detail
· Strong data analysis and problem-solving skills
· Experience in design and deployment of regulated applications
· Demonstrated ability to work cohesively across a cross functional and matrixed organization
· Strong knowledge of PC skills working with large datasets (Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, Word documents).
Ability to drive initiatives and projects independently from start to finish.
Physical and mental requirements:
· Demonstrate skill in communicating technical information to varying audiences.
· Execution & Delivery Focus. Ability to understand, interpret and translate emerging trends, future visions and strategies into executable programs and projects that align to the current state architecture and business environment. The incumbent will be results oriented, able to design and deliver rapid solutions for the team.
· Demonstrate ability to work in and deal with ambiguous situations
· Driven and results oriented. He/she will be required to drive results and integrate effectively into the culture. The successful candidate must possess the blend of confidence and humility while driving to achieve results and meeting committed timelines.
· Strong collaboration skills are required. The successful candidate must have the ability to persuade and build consensus cross-functionally to ensure solution designs and requirements are aligned.
· Excellent communication skills. Communication across the enterprise will be important as this team member will often be tasked with working on cross-functional teams as he/she executes large- scale programs and projects. The successful candidate must effectively communicate cross-functionally and at a variety of levels within the organization.
· Organization & Strategic Agility. The successful candidate must have a high degree of situational awareness and ability to navigate complex issues and channels to successfully deliver solutions in partnership with business and IT leadership teams.
· High Energy & Stamina. Proven capabilities in persevering through cultural and political hurdles with balanced optimism to drive and deliver on managed service strategies / objectives.
Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. Stryker is active in over 100 countries around the world.
Together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better.
At Stryker, quality is first in everything we do. We are driven to make healthcare better for our customers by
providing innovative products and services that meet regulatory requirements through our effective quality system.
The Company was founded in 1941 by Dr. Homer Stryker and incorporated in 1946 as the Orthopedic Frame Company. In 1964, the Company’s name was changed to Stryker Corporation.
• $13.6 billion in annual sales in 2018; annual revenue has grown for 39 straight years
• 17.1% CAGR (compound annual growth rate) in sales over 39 years
• ~36,000 employees globally in 2018
• 43 manufacturing and research & development locat...ions worldwide
• Included in the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index
• Ranked # 233 on Fortune Magazine’s “FORTUNE 500” list for 2019
• Ranked # 3 on Fortune Magazine’s “World’s Most Admired Companies” list for the “Medical Equipment” industry for 2019
• Ranked # 11 on Fortune Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” list (U.S.) for 2019
• Spent $862 million on R&D in 2018
• 7,784 patents owned globally in 2018
• Initial public offering of stock was in 1979
• Listed on the New York Stock Exchange under ticker SYK