The National Association of Manufacturers (NAM) is the largest manufacturing association in the United States, representing manufacturers in every industrial sector and in all 50 states. The mission of the NAM is to be the voice for all manufacturing in the United States.
National Association of Manufacturers
Job Title: Specialist, Email Marketing
Department: Communications and Brand Strategy
Division: Brand Strategy
Reports To: Manager, Email Marketing
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Level: Professional
The National Association of Manufacturers (NAM) has built reputation as one of the most influential advocacy groups in the country, with members that include many of the globe's most recognizable brands. Here's a chance to join an award-winning communications team and showcase your work with some of the top talent driving innovation and pursuing across sectors and platforms.
We're seeking a hands-on, data-driven, highly motivated email marketing strategist who is able to connect the dots and drive an enterprise-level approach to strategic marketing and industry-leading email marketing campaigns--plus, stand out as a respected, fun and go-to member of our team. Our ideal candidate is an effective and innovative email marketing leader, with a reputation for finding creative solutions to opportunities and challenges, asking challenging questions and working on a variety of projects in a culture of collaboration.
This candidate will be central to the success of the robust email marketing program for the NAM and its subbrands within Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
* Strategize, optimize and deploy Salesforce Marketing Cloud email sends on behalf of our organizations
* Evangelize recurring processes and strategic plans for sends, ensuring seamless implementation
* Manage relationships across the organization and our agencies of record in relation to email marketing requests, ensuring communication is clear, sends are added to the organization's email calendar and stakeholders are aware of status.
* Brainstorm compelling test and learn scenarios and assist with execution.
* Sell the success of test and learn scenarios across the organization and use as a compass in future decision-making.
* Work closely with our Marketing Data & User Journeys Manager to align on email journey strategy and ensure send requests are addressed in alignment with available performance data.
* Be an email list sage and advise on ways to improve list management over time.
* Lay out proactive plans for email marketing program growth, including new feature launches and change management, and implement those plans with the Email Marketing Manager.
* Work closely with other NAM divisions and team members to build email marketing plans that help them advance cross-brand strategic priorities and meet specified goals.
* Troubleshoot email marketing platform and strategic challenges.
* Obtain and help compile marketing results/metrics as needed.
* Ensure the highest level of quality and that commitments and goals are met.
* Find creative solutions to marketing needs that can be accomplished within a budget and timeline.
* Display agility in balancing short-notice requests with longer-term projects. Meet stringent deadlines.
* Understand nuance of tone and objectives for all communications.
* Familiar with a variety of new media platforms.
* Thrive in a high-energy, fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES (INCLUDES THE NUMBER OF EMPLOYEES SUPERVISED AND THE NATURE OF THE SUPERVISION): 0
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to performcthe essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* 3+ years of Salesforce Marketing Cloud email marketing deploymenan d strategy experience.
* HTML experience required.
* SQL experience preferred.
* Experience working in adjacent Salesforce products like Salesforce Social Studio and Salesforce Advertising Studio is preferred.
* Litmus experience preferred.
* Experience that demonstrates excellent proofing and quality assurance. Email copywriting and design experience a plus.
* Knowledge of cutting-edge email marketing best practices and the ambition to keep progressing and innovating.
* Solid understanding of contemporary approaches to brand stewardship.
* Strong interpersonal skills--i.e., the ability to collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders at all organization levels and help guide process.
* Exceptional analytical, communication (both written and spoken) and presentation skills with the ability operate with energy and flexibility.
* Self-starter with strong time management, organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple high-profile relationships in a fast-paced environment.
* Can manage stressful situations in a solutions-oriented way with a positive attitude.
* Functions effectively, both as a channel lead and as a member of a team, with a willingness to assist with routine and breaking news projects.
Our Washington, DC headquarters is largely still remote. This position can be fully remote.
The National Association of Manufacturers (NAM) is the largest manufacturing association in the United States and one of the nation’s most influential advocates for manufacturing. By joining the NAM, you become part of a spirited and dynamic team that is driven to succeed. We recognize and reward our staff with competitive pay and annual performance-based bonus programs. We offer an outstanding benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision insurance, life, short-term and long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, SmarTrip, and a 401(k) Salary Deferral plan with employer match and contributions, and ample vacation and sick leave. Become part of a fast-paced team passionate about keeping the United States the world leader in manufacturing.