Registered Nurse RN Director David Walsh Cancer Center
Location: Sterling, Colorado
Type: Full Time
Internal Number: R59124
Primary Location Salary Range:
$52.08/hr - $86.80/hr, based on education & experience
In accordance with Colorado's EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
Find your path in health care. Banner Health is committed to not only providing the finest care possible, but to advancing the way care is provided. To achieve our vision, we seek out professionals who embrace change and who possess the passion and skills to make it happen. Apply today.
The largest city in the northeastern part of the state, Sterling is a farm and ranch community with deep roots on the Colorado prairie. Sterling's laid-back lifestyle makes it easy to explore a variety of outdoor and cultural activities, from boating, fishing and swimming in North Sterling State Park, to hiking, biking, golf, hunting-and-shooting sports or admiring unique public art.
Sterling Regional MedCenter is looking for a full-time Registered Nurse Director to have direct oversight of the Cancer Center in Sterling, Colorado. In this position, you will oversee the daily operations of the cancer center which includes infusion, Medical Oncology and Radiation oncology. The position also includes supervision of scheduling, registration, promoting excellent customer service, interviewing and hiring staff and responsibility for outreach and the cancer center support group
If you have any questions, please contact Debbie Hoekstra at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 970-810-6347
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits. In addition, this position may be eligible for our Management Incentive Program as part of your Total Rewards package.Sterling Regional Medical Center is a 25-bed acute care regional hospital serving northeastern Colo. with state-of-the-art technology and compassionate professionalism. Since 1938, we have provided exceptional care to meet the needs of northeastern Colorado and the surrounding area. We provide our patients with cutting-edge technology such as eICU, a remote monitoring system and our intelligent OB program, a computerized system designed to reduce the chance of complications during labor. We are also home to the David Walsh Cancer Center, which offers our community an unprecedented level of cancer care. In addition, we are one of Logan County's largest employers with approximately 300 employees and more than 20 physicians representing ten specialties. We have also been voted Best Employer in Northeastern Colorado for three years in a row.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides strategic leadership, direction and administration of day-to-day operations for designated clinical and operational support departments in accordance with organizational policies and in accordance with standards of professional nursing practice, while maintaining a high level of visibility at the campus, region and system levels. This position is responsible for driving, supporting and modeling a service-oriented culture focused on employee engagement, quality, patient safety, service excellence, fiscal responsibility, and the overall patient experience. This position serves as a member of the leadership team at the facility, building and supporting effective collegial relationships with applicable internal and external constituents and stakeholders and ensuring optimal operating effectiveness and strategic positioning. These partnerships include ongoing collaboration with physician, facility and organizational leaders.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Directs and oversees the day-to-day operations of multiple assigned clinical service and operational support departments within assigned site(s). Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of the processes and desired outcomes from clinical operations and motivates staff to perform at the highest level. Assures a measurable, outcome-focused, systematic approach to care delivery. Leads development, implementation and evaluation of evidenced based, quality clinical nursing practice consistent with current nursing research, organizational and national practice standards.
2. Provides leadership in the development, implementation and evaluation of planning structures and processes designed to optimize organizational outcomes. Recruits and retains top talent through effective communication, performance management and professional development. Fosters a team environment by instilling a cooperative atmosphere, promoting collaboration and encouraging constructive conflict. Creates and initiates professional plans for direct reports. Communicates with staff in a manner that is respectful of the diversity of workforce and patients/families.
3. Provides infrastructure and systems to empower staff to contribute to organizational goals and achieve desired outcomes. Ensures and fosters a high level of collaboration within a highly matrixed team environment in order to coordinate activities, review work, exchange information, and resolve problems. Champions, models, and promotes service excellence philosophies and behaviors at the facility, regional, and system levels to enhance the overall patient experience. Assumes a leadership role in collaborating and partnering with other health care providers, services and the community, in philanthropic and outreach activities.
4. Strategizes and drives process improvements focused on innovative care delivery and operational models designed to improve clinical services, outcomes, patient throughput, and patient safety. Promotes a patient-centered, healing environment.
5. Leads the integration of innovation and evidence based findings into practice. Creates an environment supportive of innovative solutions. Assumes a leadership role, in partnership with physician and facility leaders, in managing the quality of services provided across the care delivery continuum and within the larger organization. Demonstrates and directs employees in using a systematic approach in analyzing and utilizing data in problem-solving.
6. Produces results that meet or exceed identified strategic and operational targets through leadership. Assures performance in clinical operations, financial, human resources and quality outcomes meet or exceed established targets. Directs and provides oversight to the management of clinical operations, quality and safety programs, and nursing practice with a focus on results and the evaluation of outcomes data. Leads the effective management of human resources to include staff turnover and retention outcomes and staff satisfaction.
7. Manages the development, implementation and evaluation of new clinical and business programs within the service line. Assists in the development and management of all aspects of branding, marketing and fund raising for the service line.
8. This position has administrative leadership responsibility for the daily operations and strategic development of clinical departments, as well as operational support departments within the facility. This position is accountable for clinical outcomes and ensuring clinical excellence, and coordinates services with other leaders and administrators to achieve goals. This position has constant contact with staff members, frequent contact with other medical center division and department heads, and with medical staff. Customers of this position are both internal and external, including leadership, staff, medical staff, regulatory agencies, and the community.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Must possess a strong knowledge of healthcare operations as normally obtained through the completion of a master's degree in nursing, healthcare administration, or related field.
Requires a current RN license in state of practice.
Must possess a strong knowledge and understanding of clinical care management as normally demonstrated through 7 years of progressive care management experience. Requires demonstrated experience leading and/or managing strategic clinical operations. Experience implementing high quality services and programs in a healthcare environment. Proven track record of partnering with medical staff to achieve desired facility-specific and organizational outcomes. Proven experience in leading fiscally sound, profitable, efficient, and responsible healthcare operations, particularly in clinical, professional, and support programs. Strong financial and business acumen. Knowledge of budgeting and forecasting methodologies. Knowledge of modern national trends in hospital quality and patient safety. Skilled in effectively handling multiple conflicting assignments, demands, and priorities with great attention to detail; coaching direct reports and/or other employees by providing open and honest feedback that results in enhanced performance outcomes; setting and pursuing aggressive goals that demonstrate a strong commitment to organizational success; effectively allocating resources in order to accomplish projects; quickly assessing and assimilating organizational and industry financial dynamics in order to act quickly on new initiatives; negotiating win-win scenarios with outside vendors/partners while representing the organization in the best possible light; developing collaborative relationships with physicians, joint-ventures, strategic partners, and/or other applicable parties; maintaining a high level of organization with strong attention to detail in order to respond quickly to varying situations. Excellent human relations, organizational and communication skills are essential. Leadership style and characteristics necessary to effectively perform in this role include: strong work ethic; results-oriented; persuasive; motivational; able to make rational decisions in difficult situations; inspirational; honorable; confident; systems-thinker; innovative; life-long learner; courageous; high-energy; integrity; collaborator; ability to work with teams; good listening; nonvolatile; values multiple disciplines; and passionate about continuously improving and providing high quality care and service excellence to patients, families, employees and physicians. Employees working at Banner MD Anderson on the Banner University Medical Center Phoenix campus must possess a State of Arizona Department of Public Safety Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. This is a requirement of the Whole Family Counseling Program held at this specific facility.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.