Vice President of Business and Chief Financial Officer at Stark State College
Pauly Group, Inc.
Location: North Canton, Ohio
Type: Full Time
The Vice President of Business and Chief Financial Officer reports to and is under the direction of the President of Stark State College and is a member of the President’s Executive Council (the council of senior administrators). The Vice President of Business and Chief Financial Officer is Stark State’s leading financial management expert and provides direct day-to-day leadership of financial planning and analysis, accounting, auditing, internal controls, investments, and fiscal management systems of both Stark State College and the Stark State College Foundation. The Vice President of Business and Chief Financial Officer also serves as Treasurer of the Stark State College Board of Trustees.
Full Opportunity Overview: https://paulygroup.com/api/position/files/vp-cfo-position.profile-61afb240d827d747955822.pdf
• This is a senior-level position for a seasoned professional with ample experience to be successful as the financial leader of Stark State College, the fourth-largest of 23 community and technical colleges serving Ohio students, with an annual operating budget of $68 million dollars.
• A bachelor’s degree in a business or technical field is considered a minimum (if also paired with a CPA or CMA certification); but preferred is a bachelor’s degree in an accounting or a financially-orientated field with a master’s degree in a business-related field. A minimum of ten (10) years of professional experience with progressively more complex responsibilities in business operations and/or financial administration is required; five (5) years of significant professional- level financial management experience reporting to a Vice President or CEO-level supervisor is required (preferably with higher education experience).
• Must have vision, energy, and a rich combination of experience, strong oral and written communication skills and personal qualities to support the continuing development of a high-quality, dynamic, community-aligned college. Must be an innovative thinker who can understand the big picture and present creative, entrepreneurial ideas and solutions.
• Significant experience in and accountability for organizational leadership and financial performance. Knowledge and experience in all aspects of financial management, policy development and operations in a college environment; experience in financial planning and integrating effective business services to support student learning; ability to present financial information clearly to diverse constituencies; and experience with integrated ERP systems.
• Comprehensive understanding of public higher education and emerging issues and trends in the financial management of higher education. Also, demonstrated experience in strategic planning, project management, budget management, the ability to promote and effectively embrace thoughtful, calculated, and sustainable change. The ability to plan, design, and implement multiple initiatives and projects on time and within budget; and a demonstrated commitment to measuring efficiency, effectiveness, and cost-benefit rationale for investment.
• Ability to lead directors, supervisors and employees in the areas of business and finance; IT; maintenance and grounds; campus security; and auxiliary services.