You have a place in the health care industry. If you're looking to leverage your abilities to make a real difference - and real change in the health care industry - you belong at Banner Health.
Banner Health is the recipient of the 2021 Excellence in Health Care Facility Management Award from the American Society for Health Care Engineering (ASHE) for implementing innovative energy reduction strategies resulting in nearly $12million in savings annually. Come join our nationally recognized, award winning team. Apply today!
Scheduled shift will be Monday - Friday 7a-430p Evening, Nights, and Weekends will be required for fire drills and calls. Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position plans, organizes, and coordinates the activities of the facilities services staff. This position is typically responsible for the operations of a small to medium campus facility that include infrastructure, utilities, maintenance operations and capital projects. This position is responsible for the daily management of multiple exempt and non-exempt staff.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Hires, trains, conducts performance evaluations, and directs the workflow for the staff. This position is also accountable for participating in the development and implementation of goals and objectives. Ensures all goals and objectives are met timely and effectively. Maintains appropriate staffing levels, use of overtime and meets productivity goals. Works to assure compliance with ongoing continuing education requirements for self and staff.
2. Develops, plans, prioritizes and directs overall department work assignments to supervisor(s), foremen and department staff members. Provides leadership and directs the work of all department staff. Acts as a role model, teaches and mentors staff in appropriate, efficient department operations.
3. Ensures the safe, efficient and effective operation of department related services. Manages the department to keep within budget. Directs and oversees department personnel on departmental budgetary development, planning and management for budgetary control, cost projections, and feasibility for all related activities and projects. Manages and oversees the daily work activities of the department. Directs, guides and mentors department supervisor(s), foremen and support staff in the performance of their duties.
4. Ensures and documents regulatory compliance, work standards, codes and safety regulations. Develops and implements protocols for compliance of all areas of responsibility including, but not limited to infrastructure, utility management, life safety, maintenance, and code compliance with all authorities having jurisdiction.
5. Interacts and collaborates extensively with system and facility senior leadership, medical staff and facility department managers with the implementation of system, facility and departmental initiatives, needs and goals. Leads and implements initiatives related to system, facility and department strategic initiatives, needs and goals.
6. Identifies, develops and implements protocols, policy and procedure as well as measurement tools that monitor the effectiveness of initiatives, regulatory compliance, patient satisfaction, patient safety and department management plans.
7. This experienced leadership position works independently. Develops and implements protocols for compliance of all areas of responsibility including, but not limited to infrastructure, utilities management, life safety, maintenance, and code compliance using sound independent decision making. This position ensures the overall operational integrity of the facility. Ability to respond to rapidly changing and escalating emergent situations with the ability to lead, give direction and resolve complex situations quickly and provide sound decision making in a fast paced environment. This position supports senior leadership decisions that impact an entire facility including ramifications and outcomes of those decisions. The span of control is dependent on the situation and ranges from a single department to an entire facility. This position supports the departmental operational and capital budgetary responsibilities. Typical budgetary responsibilities range from $1M - $5M annually. Interacts with facility leaders, administrative staff, architects, contractors, vendors and other outside consultants and regulatory agencies.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Requires the knowledge and skills normally demonstrated by a Bachelor's degree in facility management or equivalent education and/or experience.
Some facilities or departments, depending on business need, may require proof of a valid driver's license and eligibility for coverage under the company auto insurance policy.
Must demonstrate a strong working knowledge and background in facilities services/management, including 2 to 4 years leading and/or managing activities for an assigned department. This includes proven experience managing projects, including performing reporting and budgeting activities. Ability to read and interpret blue prints, specifications and related contract regulatory documents. Must possess a thorough working knowledge of building codes, materials and standards. Must have strong mathematical abilities to analyze, evaluate and compute costs, budgets and schedules. Works independently leading and managing department operations in conjunction with established goals and standards. Must possess strong communication, presentation, and negotiation skills. Requires leadership skills with ability to lead, communicate, and interact across facilities and at various levels. Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and other related software programs.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.