Licensed Clinical Social Worker Transgender Health (Sign On Bonus Available)
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2114633
Social Worker - Transgender Health
Provides psychosocial assessment of and brief targeted intervention for social, emotional and environmental issues that impact client/family's ability to optimally benefit from care. Actively collaborates with team to meet patient care management and system improvement goals. Represents the Social Work department on institutional and community committees/task forces. Provides leadership for department committees/workgroups. Contributes to the plan of care with knowledge of population specific needs as it relates to the identification of patient psychosocial needs.
Social Worker sign on bonus:
$5,000 sign on bonus to eligible candidate
Eligible candidate must already have an active Clinical Social Worker licensure
*Social Worker Sign On Bonus Eligibility Requirements:
The sign on bonus is available for this full-time Licensed Clinical Social Worker position.
This sign on bonus is not applicable to current VUMC staff or former staff who have worked for VUMC in the past one year.
The installment will be paid out in one-time lump sum installment after 60 days of employment
Qualifications: Master's Degree (or equivalent experience) and < 1 year relevant experience
The Clinic for Transgender Health at Vanderbilt University Medical Center brings together specially trained experts to provide and coordinate comprehensive care for transgender and gender-nonconforming adults. We are looking for candidates to join our team to provide the high quality and patient-centered gender affirming services
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning, and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Maintains professional documentation which meets department and VUMC standards as it relates to compliance.
Provides brief targeted interventions for identified clients.
Completes psychosocial assessment and assists team with the development of the plan of care.
Provides education and or consultation to clients and families, treatment team and community.
Contributes to the organization by actively participating in process improvement initiatives and shared decision making.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
RISK MANAGEMENT (NOVICE): - Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate risk management of moderate difficulty. Capable of conducting risk analysis as part of a task to address problems including determining risk factors, probability, impact, early detection and prevention. Able to prepare simple contingency plans and alternatives.
PATIENT ASSESSMENT - (NOVICE): - Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate patient assessments in practical applications of moderate difficulty.
PATIENT EVALUATION (NOVICE): - Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate the ability to conduct a patient evaluation in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Capable of effectively assessing the relative merits of alternative products or services.
CRISIS INTERVENTION (NOVICE): - Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate crisis intervention in practical applications of moderate difficulty.
CLINICAL COUNSELING (NOVICE): - Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate clinical counseling in practical applications of moderate difficulty.
Organizational Impact: Executes job responsibilities with the understanding of how output would affect and impact other areas related to own job area/team with occasional guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Analyzes moderately complex problems using technical experience and judgment.
Breadth of Knowledge: Has expanded knowledge gained through experience within a professional area.
Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance and support to team members.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P2):
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P2):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P2):
- Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P2):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P2):
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period. Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As t...he largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.