Great careers are built at Banner Health. We understand that talented health care professionals appreciate having options. We are proud to offer our team members many career and lifestyle choices throughout our network of facilities. Apply today, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Banner is seeking an engaged and motivated individual that can work independently, lead and inspire team members! This is a day shift position M-F, 7a-330p.
Banner Health is the recipient of the 2021 Excellence in Health Care Facility Management Award from the American Society for Health Care Engineering (ASHE) for implementing innovative energy reduction strategies resulting in nearly $12million in savings annually. Come join our nationally recognized, award winning team!
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for daily facilities operations, which includes workflow and operational integrity of the facility and its equipment. This position supervises the assigned department staff ensuring all tasks are completed timely and accurately, lending expertise when needed.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Hires, trains, and conducts performance evaluations, and directs the workflow for staff. This position is also accountable for participating in the development and implementation of department goals and objectives. Ensures all goals and objectives are met and ensures regulatory compliance for all assigned responsibilities and equipment.
2. Assists the Manager and/or Director in working with department personnel on departmental budgetary planning and management for budgetary control, cost projections, and feasibility for all related activities and projects.
3. Monitors, maintains and ensures adequate stock of supplies, parts, equipment, and fixtures that are necessary to complete work activities and projects necessary to provide a safe, healthy and healing healthcare environment and that meet departmental budgetary constraints.
4. Evaluates and resolves complex infrastructure, utility, personnel, and facilities Services operational related issues or makes recommendations to the department management.
5. Ensures regulatory compliance, and compliance with work standards, codes and safety regulations for the facility. Develops and implements processes for compliance in all areas of responsibility.
6. Interacts and collaborates extensively with facility leaders, medical staff and department management with the implementation of system, facility and departmental initiatives, needs and goals. Supports and assists project management related to system, facility and department strategic initiatives, needs and goals.
7. Provides leadership and directs the work of other department staff in the absence of their direct supervisor(s) or foreman.
8. This position works independently and generally reports to a manager or Director. Develops and implements protocols for compliance of all assigned areas of responsibility including infrastructure, utilities management, life safety, maintenance, and code compliance using sound independent decision making. This position ensures the operational integrity of their assigned facility responsibilities. Ability to respond to rapidly changing and escalating emergent situations with the ability to lead, give direction quickly and provide sound decision making in highly stressful situations. This position is accountable for decisions that impact an entire facility. The span of control is dependent on the situation and ranges from a single department to an entire facility. This position has defined control and responsibility of departmental operational and capital budgetary responsibilities. (Individual operational budgetary responsibilities range from $1M - $13M / year. Individual capital budgetary responsibilities range from $250K - $5M / year). Customers for this position are any patient, visitor, staff, physician or any individual that accesses or uses the facility.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Requires a proficiency level typically achieved in five years of progressive experience in facilities services including one year of leadership experience, preferably in health care. Ability to read and interpret blue prints, specifications and related contract regulatory documents. Must possess a thorough working knowledge of building codes, materials and standards. Must have strong mathematical abilities to analyze, evaluate and compute costs, budgets and schedules. Requires strong written, verbal and interpersonal communications. Must be able to work independently and effectively align resources to achieve system goals.
Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and other related software programs.
Strongly prefer an Associates Degree in facility management or related field. Three or more years of previous supervisory experience. Certified Healthcare Facility Manager. Certified Facility Manager. Any applicable healthcare or industry related certifications or credentials.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.