You define yourself by more than just a job title, and we want you to feel comfortable bringing your true self to work. We value your talents, your traditions and your take on the world everything that makes you unique. We're working hard to advance diversity, equity and inclusion in our organization and our communities because we know that what makes us different makes us better.
We want you to feel a strong sense of belonging. We value and welcome your experiences, ideas and identity. Over 40 employee resource groups unite our people and help to develop our collective empathy through unfiltered conversations about race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, faith, disabilities, mental health and so much more.
"I can influence my income."
You want to feel recognized at work. Your performance will be reviewed annually, and your compensation will be designed to motivate and reward the value that you provide. You'll receive a competitive salary, bonuses and benefits. Your company-funded retirement contribution will be the equivalent of 15% of your annual pay (including bonuses).
"I can lead a full life."
You bring unique goals and interests to your job and your life. Whether you're raising a family, you're passionate about where you volunteer, or you want to explore different career paths, we'll give you the resources that can set you up for success.
Enjoy generous time-away and health benefits from day one, with the opportunity for flexible work options
Receive 2-for-1 matching gifts for your charitable contributions and the opportunity to secure annual grants for the organizations you love
Access on-demand professional development resources that allow you to hone existing skills and learn new ones
COVID-19 HIRING: Our recruiting and onboarding activities are virtual during the pandemic and we've transitioned to a work-from-home environment until further notice. We are offering generous work-from-home benefits to improve our associate's ability to work remotely.
Works independently on most assignments and under the direction of more senior colleagues only on the most complex projects, analyses and tasks. Responsible for implementing and managing investment orders, and assists with the facilitation of the Capital System investment process. Directly engages the Investment Group, works with Trading, and other GIC teams or business groups.
Primary responsibilities / essential functions
- Responsible for implementing investment convictions by authorizing standard and complex investment orders from portfolio managers and research analysts within Funds or client segregated accounts in a timely manner.
Verifies that all trade authorisations are in compliance with guidelines and regulatory rules, tax and eligibility criteria, Action List rating and other restrictions. Anticipates and resolves compliance issues.
With respect to The Capital System, coordinates investment orders that impact multiple portfolio managers as well as orders that are internal transfers between portfolio managers.
Authorizes investment orders for Trading to execute.
May authorise foreign exchange forward contracts and fixed income transactions.
Anticipates issues and raises awareness when communicating with Trading and the Investment Group.
Identifies, prepares and reviews inter-account transactions for execution.
Works independently with Portfolio Guideline Analysis (PGA) / Legal / Fund Administration on compliance issues as necessary.
- Strengthen relationships and trust with the Investment Group and Trading by anticipating needs and offering solutions.
- Utilises experience to answer difficult inquiries from the Equity Investment Group and Trading.
- Work with Mandate Manager (MM) / Principal Investment Officer (PIO) and PIC to implement mandate objectives, and eligibility processes.
- May serve as a point of contact for research portfolio coordinators to provide information, highlight discrepancies, support analyst coverage changes or to startup a Research Portfolio.
- May implement and coordinate portfolio manager responsibility changes.
- Attends investment calls and/or investment group retreats in order to faciliate action list changes and raise appropriate issues.
- Prepares and reviews responses and analyses to adhoc requests for various parties [e.g Legal, Compliance and Operational Risk (COR), senior leaders].
- Participates in the training of other associates. May serve as technical resource to team and other departments to resolve issues and to knowledge share.
- Actively shares ideas when participating in the development and enhancement of policies, procedures and controls to mitigate risk and improve efficiency.
- Participates in projects and team or department initiatives:
Collaborates with management to establish project plan.
Identifies and assesses impacts, and communicates updates to managers and stakeholders.
- Performs additional responsibilities as assigned.
Business & technical skills
- Demonstrates ability to be self-driven to understand how and why things work, the financial industry and/or the connections between processes and technology.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of Order Management functions, and interconnections with other GIC teams policies, procedures and systems and ability to apply them to work assignments.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of the functionalities and operational intersections of Global Invesment Control and Capital Group.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of the securities and invesment business and Capital's investment process and ability to apply to work assignments.
- Demonstrates effective written and oral communication skills with a diverse group of associates, senior business leaders and the Investment Group.
Customer Focus Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Decision Quality Making good and timely decisions that keep the organisation moving forward.
Action Oriented Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
Optimises Work Processes Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
Organisationsal Savvy Maneuvering comfortable through complex policy, process and people-related organisational dynamics.
Demonstrate Self-Awareness Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
"I can apply in less than 4 minutes."
You've reviewed this job posting and you're ready to start the candidate journey with us. Apply now to move to the next step in our recruiting process. If this role isn't what you're looking for, check out our other opportunities and join our talent community.
"I can learn more about Capital Group."
At Capital Group, the success of the people who invest with us depends on the people in whom we invest. That's why we offer a culture, compensation and opportunities that empower our associates to build successful and prosperous careers. Through nine decades, our goal has been to improve people's lives through successful investing. We know that our history is a testament to the strength of the people we hire. More than 7,800 associates in 30+ offices around the world help our clients and each other grow and thrive every day. Find us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, FairyGodBoss, DiversityJobs and Instagram.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we comply with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit discrimination when making all decisions about employment. As equal opportunity employers, our policies prohibit unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including gender and gender identity), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, AIDS/HIV status, political activities or affiliations, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
At Capital Group, the success of the people who invest with us depends on the people in whom we invest. That’s why we offer a culture, compensation, and opportunities that empower our associates to build successful and prosperous careers. Through nine decades, Capital Group’s goal has been to improve people’s lives through successful investing. We know that our history is a testament to the strength of the people we hire. Private ownership allows us to keep our eyes on the long term while more than 7,800 associates in 30+ offices around the world help our clients and each other grow and thrive every day.